A fix for Proximity sensor issues on replacement screens

OP Akash434

2nd May 2014, 05:14 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

35 posts
Hey everyone, recently I have been facing a lot of issues with the 'ghost screen' issues on my digitizier and my battery became inflated as well.

You can read about that sad story here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexu...ssues-t2712807

So about 3 days back I went out and bought a new Frame+Display/Digitizier and a new Battery.

Everything was great except for the proximity sensor.
It keeps on turning off the screen during a call because the sensor thinks its covered up.

A bit if googling and I can see that this is a common issue with people who have done a screen change.

The thing is that the fix is pretty simple. All I did was that I took off the back cover and the plastic frame on top of the motherboard and placed a small folded sheet of paper behind the sensor module. I then reinstalled the plastic frame and the glass back. The sensor now works perfectly.

The thing is that I guess the sensor became a little loose and the air gap between the proximity sensor and the front glass resulted in a faulty sensor reading.
The paper presses the sensor module down and eliminates the gap between the sensor and the front glass, thus fixing the problem.

If you dont have a warranty and really want to fix your phone easily, try it.
It took me about 3 minutes to do the whole thing.
Last edited by Akash434; 5th September 2014 at 05:37 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
fix, proximity, sensor, solved
Previous Thread Next Thread