Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Can't flash KRT16S (from KRT16O)

OP azertguigui

29th November 2013, 06:38 PM   |  #1  
azertguigui's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 194
 
211 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
Hi everybody
When the factory images came out, I flash my N4 with the stock factory images that we used to find here : https://developers.google.com/androi...es#occamkrt16s because it is now the KRT16S build

After a few days, when the KRT16S build came out, I was proposed in my phone to update it. I downloaded it, tried to flash it but nothing worked, I'm still on KRT16O and the OTA doesn't appear anymore... Then I remembered that I flashed a mod found here : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2527525 (that's a great mod btw) so I guessed that I could reflash the undo file available on the thread, flash the ota file dl mannually (I attached it in this thread) which I did through TWRP. Then I was able to see the problem, it told me that, from what I remember, Agenda.apk was missing (I think it's diary in english, not sure) then I remembered that I manually deleted some apps I never use (diary is one of them...)

So, what's next, shall I reflash the gapps to finally update my phone

Thanks for your help
Last edited by azertguigui; 29th November 2013 at 06:49 PM.
29th November 2013, 06:43 PM   |  #2  
howard bamber's Avatar
Senior Member
Southport
Thanks Meter: 184
 
1,316 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
Are you using latest TWR? I did it ok

Sent from my Nokia 3210
The Following User Says Thank You to howard bamber For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th November 2013, 07:04 PM   |  #3  
azertguigui's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 194
 
211 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by howard bamber

Are you using latest TWR? I did it ok

Sent from my Nokia 3210

I run the 2.6.3.3 version I guess it's the latest because I flashed it a few days ago
I installed the few missing apps that i uninstalled and Calendar didn't create any error. This time it EmailGoogle.apk... I transformed it as a system application and I went to /system/app to change its name from com.google.android.apps.email or something to EmailGoogle.apk, didn't work... But I'm sure I'm on the way to achieve it

Here's the whole mesage :

Code:
Updating partition details...
Installing '/sdcard/Download/70f3bd408ca3d142509cd4bace2f2c7e3aa486c6.signed-occam-KRT16S-from-KRT16O.70f3bd40.zip'
Checking for MD5 file...
Skipping MD5 check : no MD5 dile found.
Verifying current system...
"/system/app/EmailGoogle.apk" has unexpected contents.
E:Error executing updater binary in zip '/sdcard/Download/70f3bd408ca3d142509cd4bace2f2c7e3aa486c6.signed-occam-KRT16S-from-KRT16O.70f3bd40.zip
Error flashing zip '/sdcard/Download/70f3bd408ca3d142509cd4bace2f2c7e3aa486c6.signed-occam-KRT16S-from-KRT16O.70f3bd40.zip'
Updating partition détails...


Failed
Last edited by azertguigui; 29th November 2013 at 07:11 PM.
29th November 2013, 07:31 PM   |  #4  
taodan's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 219
 
933 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by azertguigui

I run the 2.6.3.3 version I guess it's the latest because I flashed it a few days ago
I installed the few missing apps that i uninstalled and Calendar didn't create any error. This time it EmailGoogle.apk... I transformed it as a system application and I went to /system/app to change its name from com.google.android.apps.email or something to EmailGoogle.apk, didn't work... But I'm sure I'm on the way to achieve it

Here's the whole mesage :

Code:
Updating partition details...
Installing '/sdcard/Download/70f3bd408ca3d142509cd4bace2f2c7e3aa486c6.signed-occam-KRT16S-from-KRT16O.70f3bd40.zip'
Checking for MD5 file...
Skipping MD5 check : no MD5 dile found.
Verifying current system...
"/system/app/EmailGoogle.apk" has unexpected contents.
E:Error executing updater binary in zip '/sdcard/Download/70f3bd408ca3d142509cd4bace2f2c7e3aa486c6.signed-occam-KRT16S-from-KRT16O.70f3bd40.zip
Error flashing zip '/sdcard/Download/70f3bd408ca3d142509cd4bace2f2c7e3aa486c6.signed-occam-KRT16S-from-KRT16O.70f3bd40.zip'
Updating partition détails...


Failed

You can not install an apk in recovery. Use ES File Explorer to install the apk. In addition, to avoid the error, while you are in recovery, select "Mount" and uncheck the box "System" when flashing a zip file.
The Following User Says Thank You to taodan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th November 2013, 11:15 PM   |  #5  
azertguigui's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 194
 
211 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by taodan

You can not install an apk in recovery. Use ES File Explorer to install the apk. In addition, to avoid the error, while you are in recovery, select "Mount" and uncheck the box "System" when flashing a zip file.

I did not installed it with TWRP, I did it by simply openning the apk while my phone is on, it installed the Email app...
But thanks anyway for the mount function, I'll give a try
30th November 2013, 01:25 AM   |  #6  
MameTozhio's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,284
 
2,246 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by azertguigui

I did not installed it with TWRP, I did it by simply openning the apk while my phone is on, it installed the Email app...
But thanks anyway for the mount function, I'll give a try

Simpler way to update without OTA package:

Download the factory image, and before running the flash-all script, open it with a text editor and change "fastboot -w update" to "fastboot update"
The Following User Says Thank You to MameTozhio For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th November 2013, 10:15 AM   |  #7  
azertguigui's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 194
 
211 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by MameTozhio

Simpler way to update without OTA package:

Download the factory image, and before running the flash-all script, open it with a text editor and change "fastboot -w update" to "fastboot update"

You mean with the sdk? I don't know how to use it, when I flash something, it's with the recovery or the nexus root toolkit..

-From my Nexus 4-
2nd December 2013, 08:35 PM   |  #8  
azertguigui's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 194
 
211 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
UP
7th December 2013, 04:02 PM   |  #9  
azertguigui's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 194
 
211 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by azertguigui

UP

**
7th December 2013, 09:54 PM   |  #10  
Ibrahim.Rahman's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Karachi
Thanks Meter: 36
 
136 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by azertguigui

UP

Quote:
Originally Posted by azertguigui

**

Not sure what you're trying to say here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by azertguigui

You mean with the sdk? I don't know how to use it, when I flash something, it's with the recovery or the nexus root toolkit..

-From my Nexus 4-

Try avoiding toolkits as they can lead to problems and leave you stuck with no idea what to do. Yes he is referring to the sdk. Only the platform-tools folder in the sdk is required so if you don't wanna bother downloading the complete file, just download the platform-tools from here and extract it to an appropriate location. Extract and move the Factory Image that you downloaded to your platform-tools directory. If you don't want your data to be erased, edit the flash-all script with a text editor and remove -w and save. Plug in your phone. Make sure you have the drivers installed. In the platform tools directory, press shift+right click> open command prompt here. Type adb devices. You will see "device <Serial Number>. If you don't, your drivers are faulty. Then type adb reboot bootloader. Once your phone has rebooted into bootloader, make sure that it is being detected by typing fastboot devices. You should see an output similar to adb devices. Now simply run the flash-all script and let it do its work. Reboot after flashing is completed.
Hope this helps!

The Following User Says Thank You to Ibrahim.Rahman For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes