Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,073 Members 41,024 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Can't flash KRT16S (from KRT16O)

Tip us?

azertguigui
Old
(Last edited by azertguigui; 29th November 2013 at 05:49 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 191
Default Can't flash KRT16S (from KRT16O)

Hi everybody
When the factory images came out, I flash my N4 with the stock factory images that we used to find here : https://developers.google.com/androi...es#occamkrt16s because it is now the KRT16S build

After a few days, when the KRT16S build came out, I was proposed in my phone to update it. I downloaded it, tried to flash it but nothing worked, I'm still on KRT16O and the OTA doesn't appear anymore... Then I remembered that I flashed a mod found here : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2527525 (that's a great mod btw) so I guessed that I could reflash the undo file available on the thread, flash the ota file dl mannually (I attached it in this thread) which I did through TWRP. Then I was able to see the problem, it told me that, from what I remember, Agenda.apk was missing (I think it's diary in english, not sure) then I remembered that I manually deleted some apps I never use (diary is one of them...)

So, what's next, shall I reflash the gapps to finally update my phone

Thanks for your help

howard bamber
Old
Thanks Meter 169
Are you using latest TWR? I did it ok

Sent from my Nokia 3210
The Following User Says Thank You to howard bamber For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

azertguigui
Old
(Last edited by azertguigui; 29th November 2013 at 06:11 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by howard bamber View Post
Are you using latest TWR? I did it ok

Sent from my Nokia 3210
I run the 2.6.3.3 version I guess it's the latest because I flashed it a few days ago
I installed the few missing apps that i uninstalled and Calendar didn't create any error. This time it EmailGoogle.apk... I transformed it as a system application and I went to /system/app to change its name from com.google.android.apps.email or something to EmailGoogle.apk, didn't work... But I'm sure I'm on the way to achieve it

Here's the whole mesage :

Code:
Updating partition details...
Installing '/sdcard/Download/70f3bd408ca3d142509cd4bace2f2c7e3aa486c6.signed-occam-KRT16S-from-KRT16O.70f3bd40.zip'
Checking for MD5 file...
Skipping MD5 check : no MD5 dile found.
Verifying current system...
"/system/app/EmailGoogle.apk" has unexpected contents.
E:Error executing updater binary in zip '/sdcard/Download/70f3bd408ca3d142509cd4bace2f2c7e3aa486c6.signed-occam-KRT16S-from-KRT16O.70f3bd40.zip
Error flashing zip '/sdcard/Download/70f3bd408ca3d142509cd4bace2f2c7e3aa486c6.signed-occam-KRT16S-from-KRT16O.70f3bd40.zip'
Updating partition détails...

Failed

taodan
Old
Thanks Meter 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by azertguigui View Post
I run the 2.6.3.3 version I guess it's the latest because I flashed it a few days ago
I installed the few missing apps that i uninstalled and Calendar didn't create any error. This time it EmailGoogle.apk... I transformed it as a system application and I went to /system/app to change its name from com.google.android.apps.email or something to EmailGoogle.apk, didn't work... But I'm sure I'm on the way to achieve it

Here's the whole mesage :

Code:
Updating partition details...
Installing '/sdcard/Download/70f3bd408ca3d142509cd4bace2f2c7e3aa486c6.signed-occam-KRT16S-from-KRT16O.70f3bd40.zip'
Checking for MD5 file...
Skipping MD5 check : no MD5 dile found.
Verifying current system...
"/system/app/EmailGoogle.apk" has unexpected contents.
E:Error executing updater binary in zip '/sdcard/Download/70f3bd408ca3d142509cd4bace2f2c7e3aa486c6.signed-occam-KRT16S-from-KRT16O.70f3bd40.zip
Error flashing zip '/sdcard/Download/70f3bd408ca3d142509cd4bace2f2c7e3aa486c6.signed-occam-KRT16S-from-KRT16O.70f3bd40.zip'
Updating partition détails...

Failed
You can not install an apk in recovery. Use ES File Explorer to install the apk. In addition, to avoid the error, while you are in recovery, select "Mount" and uncheck the box "System" when flashing a zip file.
DISCLAIMER: Click the button at your own risk! I am not responsible for your mistake.

~!~ Backup Phone: Nexus One ~!~
  • HBOOT: Latest Blackrose S-off
  • Recovery: Amon_RA v2.21
  • ROM: ICS AOKP Milestone 5
  • Kernel: Tiamat & Shaky156 ICS 03142012
  • SD Card: 16GB
~!~ Acer Iconia A500 Tablet ~!~
  • Recovery: CWM rev1.7 by Thor2002ro
  • ROM: CM10 JellyTime 4.1.2
  • Kernel: 2.6.39.4+
  • SD Card: 8GB
The Following User Says Thank You to taodan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

azertguigui
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by taodan View Post
You can not install an apk in recovery. Use ES File Explorer to install the apk. In addition, to avoid the error, while you are in recovery, select "Mount" and uncheck the box "System" when flashing a zip file.
I did not installed it with TWRP, I did it by simply openning the apk while my phone is on, it installed the Email app...
But thanks anyway for the mount function, I'll give a try

MameTozhio
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1251
Quote:
I did not installed it with TWRP, I did it by simply openning the apk while my phone is on, it installed the Email app...
But thanks anyway for the mount function, I'll give a try
Simpler way to update without OTA package:

Download the factory image, and before running the flash-all script, open it with a text editor and change "fastboot -w update" to "fastboot update"
HTC One V (August 27th 2012 - August 3rd 2013, still own) -> LG Nexus 4 (August 3rd 2013 - January 11th 2014, still own) -> Nokia Lumia 520 (January 11th 2014 - present)

I'm not as active as I used to be. I still show up from time to time.
The Following User Says Thank You to MameTozhio For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

azertguigui
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by MameTozhio View Post
Simpler way to update without OTA package:

Download the factory image, and before running the flash-all script, open it with a text editor and change "fastboot -w update" to "fastboot update"
You mean with the sdk? I don't know how to use it, when I flash something, it's with the recovery or the nexus root toolkit..

-From my Nexus 4-

azertguigui
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 191
UP

azertguigui
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 191
Quote:
UP

Ibrahim.Rahman
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Quote:
UP
Quote:
Not sure what you're trying to say here..

Quote:
You mean with the sdk? I don't know how to use it, when I flash something, it's with the recovery or the nexus root toolkit..

-From my Nexus 4-
Try avoiding toolkits as they can lead to problems and leave you stuck with no idea what to do. Yes he is referring to the sdk. Only the platform-tools folder in the sdk is required so if you don't wanna bother downloading the complete file, just download the platform-tools from here and extract it to an appropriate location. Extract and move the Factory Image that you downloaded to your platform-tools directory. If you don't want your data to be erased, edit the flash-all script with a text editor and remove -w and save. Plug in your phone. Make sure you have the drivers installed. In the platform tools directory, press shift+right click> open command prompt here. Type adb devices. You will see "device <Serial Number>. If you don't, your drivers are faulty. Then type adb reboot bootloader. Once your phone has rebooted into bootloader, make sure that it is being detected by typing fastboot devices. You should see an output similar to adb devices. Now simply run the flash-all script and let it do its work. Reboot after flashing is completed.
Hope this helps!

The Following User Says Thank You to Ibrahim.Rahman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]