XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] get flashlight from lock screen like xenon rom

Tip us?

kunalp83
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] get flashlight from lock screen like xenon rom

xenon rom had a feature that if you held down the unlock part of the slide unlocker on the lock screen that's on the middle bottom of the screen.. you could turn on the flashlight and it turned off when you let go (in case it's confusing its the thing you would slide around to unlock the phone but as long as you didn't go all the way right/left or whatever direction and just held that button, within 2 seconds the flashlight would turn on..

can't seem to find how to add it to other roms.. i've looked into other options from the play store but I like this one the best.. anyone know how to do it?

bladebuddy
Old
Thanks Meter 90
You could just use a lock screen target for the torch probably quicker. You can also with some launchers set the torch as an action e.g double tap turns it on.
Simple to do .
Just a thought, also some custom roms have the option on the navigation bar or quick tiles even the power menu . So many choices and you want a crap choice where you have to keep it pressed by hand. No good if you need that hand to open a door e.t.c

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

kunalp83
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladebuddy View Post
You could just use a lock screen target for the torch probably quicker. You can also with some launchers set the torch as an action e.g double tap turns it on.
Simple to do .
Just a thought, also some custom roms have the option on the navigation bar or quick tiles even the power menu . So many choices and you want a crap choice where you have to keep it pressed by hand. No good if you need that hand to open a door e.t.c

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
fair enough.. but i like it because it was mainly for navigating dark rooms.. rarely had many things in my hands.. and just needed it sometimes for a quick 10 seconds and could activate it without looking.. so for my uses.. wasn't really crap..

bladebuddy
Old
Thanks Meter 90
Only messing with ya I can see how it could be useful but haven't come across it on any rom or zip maybe see if you can understand how it was implemented on that rom and try and do the same on this . If I come across an app, zip or rom with it included I will let you know . J

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

kunalp83
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladebuddy View Post
Only messing with ya I can see how it could be useful but haven't come across it on any rom or zip maybe see if you can understand how it was implemented on that rom and try and do the same on this . If I come across an app, zip or rom with it included I will let you know . J

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
it was on the xenon roms.. couldnt find it in that thread... maybe will post there..thanks