5,603,646 Members 36,909 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Folio case that opens from right to left?

Tip us?

CDeviant
Old
(Last edited by CDeviant; 17th February 2013 at 12:58 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 41
Default Folio case that opens from right to left?

I don't think one exists yet..

What I'm looking for should be pretty obvious, most folio cases open from the right side to the left. It just seems that zero manufactures have actually made a leather flip case in this fashion. I've had a fair number of devices, and pretty much all of them had a normal case. I think it would be pretty awkward to go against muscle memory, and I don't want to have to return anything.

So I hope we can find something like this.

Wow, so I literally just found one.
But I do have a concern, if anyone has this case ( http://www.amazon.com/Nillkin-Tree-T...ef=pd_cp_cps_0 ) could you let me know if the volume buttons are hard to press?

asqwrd
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDeviant View Post

What I'm looking for should be pretty obvious, most folio cases open from the right side to the left. It just seems that zero manufactures have actually made a leather flip case in this fashion. I've had a fair number of devices, and pretty much all of them had a normal case. I think it would be pretty awkward to go against muscle memory, and I don't want to have to return anything.

But I do have a concern, if anyone has this case ( http://www.amazon.com/Nillkin-Tree-T...ef=pd_cp_cps_0 ) could you let me know if the volume buttons are hard to press?
here is another one that looks to be better quality I had the nilklin but the leather started coming off on the ends of the cover
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...r=520134401285

CDeviant
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 41
That one actually looks pretty good. I like how the volume/power buttons are actually cut out, rather then punched out holes.
It's pretty expensive though, I don't think I'd go much higher than $20 for a case.

JanusDC
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDeviant View Post

Man, you should search the forum before posting. There are plenty of leather flip cases, there are even threads comparing each other. The Nilkin case have been mentioned ad infinitum in the forum. Just search Nilkin and you will find them.

kangi26
Old
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 1422
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanusDC View Post
Man, you should search the forum before posting. There are plenty of leather flip cases, there are even threads comparing each other. The Nilkin case have been mentioned ad infinitum in the forum. Just search Nilkin and you will find them.
The user is looking for a case that opens left to right. Might be a little more difficult to locate

wilfmoralee
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Default Re: Folio case that opens from right to left?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kangi26 View Post
The user is looking for a case that opens left to right. Might be a little more difficult to locate
Strange, OP says right to left. Nilkin or similar will do just fine.

By the way, I have had my red Nilkin case since December and quality is amazing, especially for the 10 it cost delivered. Volume buttons and power are easy to press, headphones and charger fit fine, it doesn't add much bulk to the phone, and is looks awesome.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app
Current Devices:
Samsung Galaxy S3 White
Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0

Past Devices:
Motorola Xoom Wi-fi
Google Nexus 4
Sony Ericsson X10 mini
Samsung Galaxy Note White
Samsung Galaxy S2
Samsung Galaxy 3
HTC Tattoo