Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,000 Members 47,618 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Galaxy S5 or LG G3... Help me decide

Tip us?

calyxim
Old
Thanks Meter 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisisx1 View Post
I feel like I am getting biased opinions in this matter because the nexus four is part LG so that's why your all choosing the LG G3

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Free mobile app
Try asking the same question with M8. Half of the people will abandon LG.
S5 is no match to flagship phones. S5 vs Oneplus one makes more sense for a fair comparison.

smartymcfly
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Why not wait 6 weeks, and Google follows past releases there will be next nexus product. Nexus 6 or whatever they plan on naming it. The Nexus 4 came out around Halloween 2012 and Nexus 5 came out around Halloween 2013.

rasluht
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Yeah waiting for the N6 would be an option. But I would prefer the S5.
If you plan on having the Smartphone for longer, beeing able to change the battery is defenetly worth it.

Crisisx1
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartymcfly View Post
Why not wait 6 weeks, and Google follows past releases there will be next nexus product. Nexus 6 or whatever they plan on naming it. The Nexus 4 came out around Halloween 2012 and Nexus 5 came out around Halloween 2013.
Tired of the n4, wasn't impressed with the n5. Doubt I'll like the n6.

Device: T-Mobile LG/Google Nexus 4
Rom: Constantly Changing
Kernel: Stock
Launcher: Stock
Baseband: Stock .84
Recovery: CWM Touch 6

Previous Device: T-Mobile White Samsung Galaxy S3 (SGH T999)(sold), T Mobile LG G2X(sold), T Mobile HTC HD7(sold), T Mobile MyTouch 3G(smashed on purpose lol)

coolqf
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisisx1 View Post
Tired of the n4, wasn't impressed with the n5. Doubt I'll like the n6.

I say wait for the Nexus 6, and if you know you wont like it, just wait for the next Android L smartphone. Android L according to various benchmarks provides a 15- 30% improvement in battery/performance under various circumstances. The S3 nor the G3 will get the OS upgrade for at least 3 months, and probably closer to 6 months... Tag on top the fact that Android L also looks gorgeous... It's a no brainer really.

If you're absolutely set on S5 v G3, then if you believe the next Nexus will be made by LG and will be similar to the G3, then get the G3. If you believe the next Nexus will be made by HTC or another provider, then get the S5. The reason is that S5 has a larger custom rom base, which you may appreciate over the G3, especially if it doesn't have a close Nexus 6 user base to borrow code from.