Google Updates Play Games, Wallet, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Drive, Google+, and Camera

While we haven’t really had much in the way of … more

Google Execs Talk to Ars About Android 5.0 Lollipop

Android 5.0 Lollipop is right around the corner, and it’s expected to hit AOSP … more

UX Design in Apps and ROMs w/ Kevin Bruckert – BABBQ2014

This year’s Big Android BBQ has come and gone. While the whole event was … more

Bring Material Design Goodness to Your App with Support Library

At Google I/O 2014, the next iteration of Android was announced and … more

Galaxy S5 or LG G3... Help me decide

OP Crisisx1

15th September 2014, 02:10 PM   |  #31  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 65

409 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisisx1

I feel like I am getting biased opinions in this matter because the nexus four is part LG so that's why your all choosing the LG G3

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Free mobile app

Try asking the same question with M8. Half of the people will abandon LG.
S5 is no match to flagship phones. S5 vs Oneplus one makes more sense for a fair comparison.

16th September 2014, 08:43 AM   |  #32  
Thanks Meter: 35

162 posts
Why not wait 6 weeks, and Google follows past releases there will be next nexus product. Nexus 6 or whatever they plan on naming it. The Nexus 4 came out around Halloween 2012 and Nexus 5 came out around Halloween 2013.
16th September 2014, 01:49 PM   |  #33  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Yeah waiting for the N6 would be an option. But I would prefer the S5.
If you plan on having the Smartphone for longer, beeing able to change the battery is defenetly worth it.
16th September 2014, 02:04 PM   |  #34  
OP Senior Member
Orlando, FL
Thanks Meter: 315

1,980 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartymcfly

Why not wait 6 weeks, and Google follows past releases there will be next nexus product. Nexus 6 or whatever they plan on naming it. The Nexus 4 came out around Halloween 2012 and Nexus 5 came out around Halloween 2013.

Tired of the n4, wasn't impressed with the n5. Doubt I'll like the n6.

18th September 2014, 11:14 AM   |  #35  
Istanbul
Thanks Meter: 34

237 posts
More
Quote:

Tired of the n4, wasn't impressed with the n5. Doubt I'll like the n6.

I say wait for the Nexus 6, and if you know you wont like it, just wait for the next Android L smartphone. Android L according to various benchmarks provides a 15- 30% improvement in battery/performance under various circumstances. The S3 nor the G3 will get the OS upgrade for at least 3 months, and probably closer to 6 months... Tag on top the fact that Android L also looks gorgeous... It's a no brainer really.

If you're absolutely set on S5 v G3, then if you believe the next Nexus will be made by LG and will be similar to the G3, then get the G3. If you believe the next Nexus will be made by HTC or another provider, then get the S5. The reason is that S5 has a larger custom rom base, which you may appreciate over the G3, especially if it doesn't have a close Nexus 6 user base to borrow code from.
Yesterday, 04:31 AM   |  #36  
OP Senior Member
Orlando, FL
Thanks Meter: 315

1,980 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolqf

I say wait for the Nexus 6, and if you know you wont like it, just wait for the next Android L smartphone. Android L according to various benchmarks provides a 15- 30% improvement in battery/performance under various circumstances. The S3 nor the G3 will get the OS upgrade for at least 3 months, and probably closer to 6 months... Tag on top the fact that Android L also looks gorgeous... It's a no brainer really.

If you're absolutely set on S5 v G3, then if you believe the next Nexus will be made by LG and will be similar to the G3, then get the G3. If you believe the next Nexus will be made by HTC or another provider, then get the S5. The reason is that S5 has a larger custom rom base, which you may appreciate over the G3, especially if it doesn't have a close Nexus 6 user base to borrow code from.

Heard the Nexus 6 will have a 6" screen...no thanks

Note 4 just came out hmmm

Yesterday, 02:21 PM   |  #37  
Flag Shreveport LA
Thanks Meter: 7

45 posts
More
Quote:

Hi all.. I've had my nexus 4 for quite some time now and loved it..but it's time to upgrade.

Before I got the N4 I was always upgrading to the newest phone but this one stuck with me. A bit too long lol.

I am debating between the s5 and g3.. Will be on t mobile.
Have any of you switched from the n4 to either? Opinions?

Thanks

I just upgraded to the s5 active on at@t and I'm pleasantly suprised...after all the debate about how bad TW is I can say that , at least for me, it has less lag than the n4 did most days.

I really had my eye on a g3 or OPO, but just too big for my tastes. After replacing the battery TWICE in my n4 I definitely wanted one with a removable battery.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using XDA Free mobile app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread