Battery Charged in 30 Seconds? Maybe in 2016

Phones and tablets are getting more and more power hungry with each passing generation. Their … more

ZArchive Manages Your File Archives

Today smartphones are quite powerful devices that can handle multiple processes at once. In fact, some of … more

Regain Double Tap to Wake Functionality on the Nexus 6

A few months ago, Google announced its newest flagship device, the Nexus 6, alongside … more

Clean Your Recent Apps – XDA Xposed Tuesday

In this day and age, you have quite a few apps installed and running on your Android … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Google account action required

OP hp420

28th March 2014, 04:49 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag NY
Thanks Meter: 882

1,769 posts
More
I've been getting a notification for months now that says "Google account action required." I've tried clicking it, and every time I do my phone reboots. I've installed several factory rom updates since, and every time I do I always wipe my phone, religiously. I contacted Google and they said "boot to safe mode and wipe the cache"...well herp derp, guess what a factory restore does?

Google basically threw their arms in the air and told me they have no idea, then passed me along to LG. LG told me they want to RMA the device...but as you can probably guess, I'm 100% against having no phone for a month while they install a factory rom, exactly like I've done several times.

I've done a little research, and I've never found anything that helps. Most people are running devices from other OEMs and they say unlinking an account from the OEMs app works, and it only happened after updating to 4.4.x. Well guess what? We don't have that sort of app, and it's been happening since 4.2.x, and has happened to me immediately after reinstalling a factory image before I restored any data at all, and after signing in to my Google account. So it's narrowed down to the core android firmware or my account. Since I have thousands of apps, gmail, G+, photos, contacts, etc, etc, etc, wiping my account is NOT an option.

Anyone have any intelligent suggestions, unlike those I got from LG and Google? I'm so tired of my phone rebooting for absolutely no reason!!

Edit:
sorry, i'm retarded...I didn't even list my specs at all lol

AOSP 4.4.2 factory rom
Trinity Kernel for 4.4
xposed (but it happened before xposed even was a thing, I'm just listing it for completeness)
NO mods, additions, add-ons, etc. I'm running a 100% pure factory image, with the exception of xposed...and that runs on top.

Just for the fun of it I just did a nandroid backup, did a FULL wipe (including userdata partition) and reflashed a fresh factory 4.4.2 image, signed into google, rebooted, and 10 minutes later the notification came back. When I clicked it my phone rebooted.
Last edited by hp420; 28th March 2014 at 05:11 PM.
28th March 2014, 09:26 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Lisse
Thanks Meter: 1,054

3,249 posts
Donate to Me
More
I had this a few times when I had a wifi connection but no actual connection to the Internet. (orange connection status) when my network became a little more stable it went away I think.

Sent from my Nexus 4, want to know my current project? Check http://team-fun.eu
The Following User Says Thank You to SMillerNL For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th March 2014, 11:47 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag NY

1,769 posts
More
anyone have any ideas?
2nd April 2014, 09:30 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag NY

1,769 posts
More
bump
2nd April 2014, 10:51 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 40

305 posts
More
Honestly no idea, normally that notification is from an account issue. Either the password changed or account frozen due to incorrect logins. I take it you can log in fine on a PC? Would be interesting to see what happens if you sign in on another mobile device. Pretty much impossible that this is caused by a hardware fault and if it persists through flash or even a factory reset it indicates it's to do with the account. I'd try disabling backup and restore for your phone, maybe the restore process is bringing back your error.
Last edited by DrFredPhD; 2nd April 2014 at 10:56 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to DrFredPhD For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th April 2014, 10:23 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag NY

1,769 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFredPhD

Honestly no idea, normally that notification is from an account issue. Either the password changed or account frozen due to incorrect logins. I take it you can log in fine on a PC? Would be interesting to see what happens if you sign in on another mobile device. Pretty much impossible that this is caused by a hardware fault and if it persists through flash or even a factory reset it indicates it's to do with the account. I'd try disabling backup and restore for your phone, maybe the restore process is bringing back your error.

That's not a bad idea, thanks.

I've started scanning all my installed apps, but I have a bunch, so I haven't finished. so far nothing.
5th April 2014, 06:13 AM   |  #7  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 131

597 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hp420

That's not a bad idea, thanks.

I've started scanning all my installed apps, but I have a bunch, so I haven't finished. so far nothing.

Do you use Google my tracks? If so open it. And accept the Google account you want associated. That's the only time I've seen it happen.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
8th April 2014, 09:58 PM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member
Flag NY

1,769 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warbuff

Do you use Google my tracks? If so open it. And accept the Google account you want associated. That's the only time I've seen it happen.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

I've never heard of My Tracks
1st October 2014, 03:45 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 683

3,815 posts
Donate to Me
This just started happening on my phone, PA 4.6 beta rom. Signed then about 30 mins later asking to sign in again.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread