Post Reply

Clockworkmod Recovery folder reappearing even though I don't use it

8th April 2014, 05:10 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 101
 
333 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
I have TWRP installed but when looking through what's taking space on my phone via DiskUsage, it says there is a clockworkmod backup folder that's taking up 2.4GB of space. No matter how many times I delete it, it reappears again for no reason.

This is what I mean:


When I delete it, the "Freespace" section boosts up to 3+GB. Is there any way to get rid of this? I think I did something wrong when installing recoveries (I had clockworkmod installed at first but promptly replaced it with TWRP)
8th April 2014, 05:45 PM   |  #2  
jd1639's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 3,393
 
9,928 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
Delete clockwork mod in /mnt/shell/emulated

Sent from my Nexus 5
The Following User Says Thank You to jd1639 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th April 2014, 08:51 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 101
 
333 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639

Delete clockwork mod in /mnt/shell/emulated

Sent from my Nexus 5

I couldn't delete the folder so I went into the folder itself and deleted the files individually. Is there a way to completely delete that folder? Using DiskUsage and the Root Browser on Rom Toolbox Pro doesn't seem to delete it. I don't even use Clockworkmod anymore hmm
8th April 2014, 08:53 PM   |  #4  
jd1639's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 3,393
 
9,928 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by jokkir

I couldn't delete the folder so I went into the folder itself and deleted the files individually. Is there a way to completely delete that folder? Using DiskUsage and the Root Browser on Rom Toolbox Pro doesn't seem to delete it. I don't even use Clockworkmod anymore hmm

If you're rooted you should be able to delete it. See if you can change its permissions to read/write. Just delete the clockworkmod folder and subfolders. Don't try to delete /mnt/shell/emulated

Sent from my Nexus 5
The Following User Says Thank You to jd1639 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th April 2014, 09:18 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 101
 
333 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639

If you're rooted you should be able to delete it. See if you can change its permissions to read/write. Just delete the clockworkmod folder and subfolders. Don't try to delete /mnt/shell/emulated

Sent from my Nexus 5

That was odd. It didn't work (even if im rooted or changed the permissions) but when moving it to the sdcard partition, it deleted it from there it was successful. Now, its gone and its contents are gone so I have an extra 2.4gb to use on my phone now. Thank you for the help! It's been like this for months.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes