OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

53 posts
Possibly relevant information;
I'm in the UK
I updated to OTA 4.4.3 yesterday on my Nexus 4
Completely stock and un-rooted.
Running GEL

Basically woke up this morning and my phone was in an infinite loop of "Unfortunately, Google Search has stopped"

After taking quite a while on it, I uninstalled GEL and uninstalled Google Search updates, reinstalled them both. Removed all data from Google Play services and set up GEL again; exactly the same thing happened.

I also then realised that this was happening on my Nexus 7 as well, I managed to get my Nexus 4 Google Now working offline; but as soon as it reconnects it crashes.

I believe that it is picking up some rouge data from Google's servers it cannot handle then crashing, but I cannot find a way at all to remove my settings and options from my google account, I can't find any record of this happening elsewhere today but it may be that google's servers have wibbled and a lot of people are experiencing this; in the meantime though my phone is practically unusable.

OK; so I have got it back up and running by disabling GEL and Google Now; but I want my Google Now back!

I'm happy to wipe the device if it fixes it; but worried that it's on my online profile anyway, so first of all is anybody else having the same issues today and second of all is there any way online (web based) to change my Google now settings and disable cards, etc?
5th June 2014, 09:58 AM   |  #2  
OP Member

53 posts
Stack Trace first line (seems most important)

java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'int.java.util.Calendar.get(int)' on a null object reference

I've disabled calendar sync on device and deleted calendar data; but still happening..not sure if it's grabbing my calendar data from my google account?
5th June 2014, 11:22 AM   |  #3  
OP Member

53 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by generationgav

Stack Trace first line (seems most important)

java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'int.java.util.Calendar.get(int)' on a null object reference

I've disabled calendar sync on device and deleted calendar data; but still happening..not sure if it's grabbing my calendar data from my google account?

Removed my google account, added a 2nd account and it works fine, back to my account and it's broken again. Something on my profile on google's server must be broken; but don't know how I can go about fixing that - as settings only available via Google Now, which crash!
5th June 2014, 02:21 PM   |  #4  
OP Member

53 posts
It's fixed itself...with a lot of coaxing.

It was made worse as I had to get a train today; when it was back up and running google now was reminding me of my booked trains, which is new to me. My train home was in something like 37373733292 hours. Clicking this card made it crash! Removed the card and all good.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread