Tip us?

Jubakuba
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3325

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayluke View Post
Can this guide include information on how to re-lock bootloader and unroot the device? Does this informaiton exist?

I need to RMA my phone due to dead pixels and I want to make sure I dont have any issues with the warranty.
Post 3.
fastboot oem lock
Locks the device.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jubakuba For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ymshulman
Old
(Last edited by ymshulman; 5th December 2012 at 04:38 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1
How long is the first boot, after unlocking the bootloader, supposed to take? Mine's sitting there for quite a while already. (I had a lot of stuff installed, but still, this is really long.)

EDIT: When rebooting the custom recovery, you have to say "yes" to the message it gives you, something about keeping some recovery. I had originally said no because I didn't flash it, I just booted it once.

wizshaw
Old
Thanks Meter 19
I just got my nexus yesterday, and this isnt the first phone that I have rooted.... however... my settings on the thing are extremely basic..

How do I enable usb debugging if I dont have the option in the settings?

Thanks

Chris

---------- Post added at 03:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:14 PM ----------

I just got my nexus yesterday, and this isnt the first phone that I have rooted.... however... my settings on the thing are extremely basic..

Thanks

Chris

Edit: Got an app to enable it... still not in the menu though.

Jubakuba
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3325

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizshaw View Post

Thanks

Chris

---------- Post added at 03:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:14 PM ----------

Thanks

Chris

Edit: Got an app to enable it... still not in the menu though.
Oh geeze!
I forgot.
Settings>about>version number I think...
Click 7 times to enable developer options.
Will update op soon.

rwald
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quick question: is there a reason the first post links to SuperSU version 0.98, when version 0.99 is the most recent? If version 0.99 has known issues with the Nexus 4, I don't want to use it on my device.

hankdu
Old
Thanks Meter 4
The 0.99 version came out after this guide was posted. I was offered to upgrade to the new version of supersu from 0.98 and so far no problem at all.

sambao21
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Does this work on the latest version of JB (4.2.1)?

Chochiwpg
Old
Thanks Meter 1970
When installing a new ROM it says to perform a factory reset through CWM, which will remove all apps and data but should keep all your pictures, videos, songs etc.

It doesn't mention to wipe the System partition as well. Is this not necessary when flashing ROMs on a Nexus?

Prior to owning the N4 I had the Galaxy S 2 and it was always stated in the OP instructions to wipe data/factory reset, wipe system, clear cache, clear dalvik and then flash ROM and Gapps.

However, I don't notice in any guides or instructions for N4 ROMS to wipe the system partition, just the data partition. Is there a reason for this or is it not necessary to wipe the system partition? Thanks. Great guide by the way.

Peace
You Are Either Nexus Or Against Us

My Android File Host Profile
http://www.androidfilehost.com/profi...17610006234125

mavrick1591
Old
Thanks Meter 7
thank u for ur effort

Hatzy
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chochiwpg View Post
When installing a new ROM it says to perform a factory reset through CWM, which will remove all apps and data but should keep all your pictures, videos, songs etc.

It doesn't mention to wipe the System partition as well. Is this not necessary when flashing ROMs on a Nexus?

Prior to owning the N4 I had the Galaxy S 2 and it was always stated in the OP instructions to wipe data/factory reset, wipe system, clear cache, clear dalvik and then flash ROM and Gapps.

However, I don't notice in any guides or instructions for N4 ROMS to wipe the system partition, just the data partition. Is there a reason for this or is it not necessary to wipe the system partition? Thanks. Great guide by the way.

Peace
I actually have a question along these lines.

I just came from a LG G2X so things were different for me whenever I flashed ROM's/kernels. For one thing, I had an external sd card so whenever CWM made it's backups, they went to that automatically and I didn't have to worry about wiping since everything was on the external. This phone doesn't have an external so where do the backups go? From the looks of the new CWM 6.0.2.0, the backups (and blobs now apparently) go to /data/media/clockworkmod. Well I guess my question here is if you have to wipe /data for installing new ROM's, how would I restore a backup because they would have been deleted off the /data partition. I tried adb pulling /data/media/clockworkmod to my computer but it won't go. Don't know if it's because that partition is mounted while the phone is in use or what. I tried the mount/umount command that OP listed but it won't work for me. Don't want to flash ANYTHING on this phone until I know for a fact I can get to the backups that I'm creating.