5,594,151 Members 47,390 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[H]Unable to boot to Android after installation of MultiRom installation on Nexus 4

Tip us?

konerudattu
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Info 2 [H]Unable to boot to Android after installation of MultiRom installation on Nexus 4

Today I got my Nexus 4 and started to play with it .I am a complete novice to rooting and android .

I wanted to dual boot Android and Ubuntu Touch , came across this nice app called MultiRom which needed rooting .I dug around a bit .

Finally rooted the phone using CMW ( recovery-clockwork-touch-6.0.4.3-mako ) / SuperUs ( 1.80 ) . I followed the how to from a bunch of videos in youtube .

I was able to install Multiboot . on opening the app , some warnings were thrown that MultiRom, backup and kernel patch were not installed . I have checked the three checkboxes and proceded with install . It went for a reboot .After reboot ( it started to boot from the "internal", which is the default stock android i believe ) nothing happens . The initial "Google" logo comes , then the screen starts flickering and stays like that ( so far one hour ) .I tried to boot to recovery and did a factory reset .That did not help either.

Please let me know if there is something I could try, may be collect some logs . The device is not definitely bricked because I can see the boot menu .I suspect the kernel patch did something fishy . Any way where I can look to find the issue ?

Thanks .

ziddey
Old
Thanks Meter 1438

DONATE TO ME
What rom are you on? It sounds like the multirom patched kernel is not compatible. Flash a compatible kernel and you'll be able to boot again.

Factory images are available at https://developers.google.com/androi...s/images#occam
All you'd need to do is flash the boot.img.
The Following User Says Thank You to ziddey For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

konerudattu
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Thank You !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziddey View Post
What rom are you on? It sounds like the multirom patched kernel is not compatible. Flash a compatible kernel and you'll be able to boot again.
Thanks ! flashed the official images, up and running agan .

Lesson learnt : If something is not enabled by default , there is a good reason for it . Do your homework before patching the kernel.