Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,846 Members 37,617 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Ham Radio Nerd Needs All DSP Disabled on Microphone

Tip us?

ehidle
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] Ham Radio Nerd Needs All DSP Disabled on Microphone

So I'm trying to use APRSdroid in AFSK Speaker/Mic mode to send/receive APRS packets over VHF. I managed to get to where I can send packets from the phone, but the phone is completely incapable of receiving them. I suspect this is because of all of the fancy DSP that is attached to the microphone input (via the headset jack), so I wanted to try to disable these functions.

Oddly if I use the aural microphone it works just fine, but much to the detriment of everyone around (including me) who must listen to 1200 baud AFSK all day long.

Long story short, is there a way to disable any DSP magic that might be going on with the headset microphone input?

TheMoMan
Old
(Last edited by TheMoMan; 9th July 2014 at 06:51 PM.) Reason: spelling
Thanks Meter 0
Default Ham Radio Nerd Needs All DSP Disabled on Microphone

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehidle View Post
So I'm trying to use APRSdroid in AFSK Speaker/Mic mode to send/receive APRS packets over VHF. I managed to get to where I can send packets from the phone, but the phone is completely incapable of receiving them. I suspect this is because of all of the fancy DSP that is attached to the microphone input (via the headset jack), so I wanted to try to disable these functions.

Oddly if I use the aural microphone it works just fine, but much to the detriment of everyone around (including me) who must listen to 1200 baud AFSK all day long.

Long story short, is there a way to disable any DSP magic that might be going on with the headset microphone input?
I have run into that problem. On the audio port there are four leads. Tip, Ring, Ring, Shield. Some units use the second ring for audio ground and some use the shield, I have two phones each the oposite of the other. You may have to build or buy an adaptor.
Tags
afsk, aprs, aprsdroid, hamradio, tnc