Wireless 802.1 EAP stuck at "obtaining IP address" on KitKat stock (can't connect)

16th April 2014, 09:47 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bologna, Italy
Thanks Meter: 19

188 posts
More
Hello everybody,
i know that it seems to be a common bug but i've found a lot of complaining about it but no solutions, so i hope i'm gonna be more lucky opening a more recent post.

I was using Paranoid Android 3.99 (based on Jelly Bean 4.3) and then yesterday i decided to come back to Android AOSP stock in order to upgrade to KitKat 4.4.2.
I followed this procedure that is the official Google procedure, by the way.

I've wiped everything, including SD Card, and flashed every piece of the stock KitKat 4.4.2 for Nexus 4 (Android 4.4.2 KOT49H): boot, bootloader, flash, radio, system, userdata and recovery.

Now, i'm not able to connect to the wireless of my office that is protected with 802.1 EAP (PEAP + MSCHAPV2). The authentication is passed but then i get stuck at "obtaining IP address" and after a few attempts i receive the message "network disabled poor connection".
Once every 1000 attempts, i am able to connect successfully.
The signal is excellent, i'm really close to the access point.
I'm the only having this problem; we have a lot of Android phones and iPhones and they all work great.
I can't use a static IP address and i can't change the router/access point settings.

I have no problem with domestic wireless, protected with WPA or WPA2 PSK. I've tested 2 different wifi.

I had no problem with Jelly Bean AOSP stock or Paranoid.

Any suggestions?
Maybe a different radio?
I really don't want to wipe and flash everything back the second time in a couple of days. It's frustrating.

Thank you in advance.
26th April 2014, 01:52 PM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bologna, Italy
Thanks Meter: 19

188 posts
More
Solution here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=52208092
The Following User Says Thank You to sberla54 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread