FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Have you guys ever thought of getting a Xiaomi device? Upgrading soon.

15 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By bitojoe, Junior Member on 13th October 2015, 06:49 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I currently have a Nexus 4 and have had it for the past 3 years. It's showing some age though... What devices have stood out to you guys? I like the idea of oneplus, moto x pure, and xiaomi mi4c.

13th October 2015, 07:00 PM |#2  
Flag Searching.........
Thanks Meter: 1,849

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitojoe

I currently have a Nexus 4 and have had it for the past 3 years. It's showing some age though... What devices have stood out to you guys? I like the idea of oneplus, moto x pure, and xiaomi mi4c.

i am using a xiaomi,i will recommend moto x because it runs stock android whereas xiaomi runs miui,it's heavily customized but lags at heavy usage(at least with my HM1s because of less ram)but mi4c is awesome...also you will get marshmallow on moto x(updates will roll out soon)...

xiaomi phones can be used to boil
water,cook food on it,iron clothes because it heats up like hell on heavy usage.
13th October 2015, 07:05 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Grand Rapids

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by neonkat

i am using a xiaomi,i will recommend moto x because it runs stock android whereas xiaomi runs miui,it's heavily customized but lags at heavy usage(at least with my HM1s because of less ram)but mi4c is awesome...also you will get marshmallow on moto x(updates will roll out soon)...

xiaomi phones can be used to boil
water,cook food on it,iron clothes because it heats up like hell on heavy usage.

Is that true for all Xiaomi phones? or just the Redmi 1? Moto x pure is super promising but I really want a phone that has the new usb-c. Also pretty cool that the mi4c has infrared.
14th October 2015, 07:39 AM |#4  
Flag Searching.........

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitojoe

Is that true for all Xiaomi phones? or just the Redmi 1? Moto x pure is super promising but I really want a phone that has the new usb-c. Also pretty cool that the mi4c has infrared.

before buying,check some review over youtube about heating issues..mi4i also had the heating issue..maybe 4c is not having because of 808 chip.

if you want latest android updates then go with moto x pure as xiaomi pushes updates very slowly(most devices are running kitkat except mi4i,mi4c and maybe some other).you can have a look on one plus 2 also.

checkout on google,new mi device coming this 18th october(maybe its mi5)!
14th October 2015, 07:47 AM |#5  

More
I have used many phones from low budget to higher one. Every device heat up in heavy usage
14th October 2015, 09:19 AM |#6  
Flag Searching.........

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jey_jd

I have used many phones from low budget to higher one. Every device heat up in heavy usage

but it's a special feature in xiaomi,it can be used as a phone,an iron,an induction cooktop to cook food,a heater in winters,or maybe you can give me any more idea.
14th October 2015, 11:46 AM |#7  
Flag Kannur
Thanks Meter: 58

Donate to Me
More
Beware of buying a Xiaomi device there are a lot of fake ones out there unless from trusted online services like flipkart. I brought a counterfeit Xioami Mi4 once from a reseller.

sent from continuum transfunctioner
14th October 2015, 04:02 PM |#8  
OP Junior Member
Flag Grand Rapids

More
Maybe I will just have to wait for Xiaomi's announcement. See if they have anything good.

Do you guys feel like the nexus devices this year aren't future proof? Or is it just me? I was also debating on getting the 5x but I'm just not sure.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)