FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Nexus not recognized by Windows in bootloader mode: how to update from 5.0.1 to 5.1?

58 posts
Thanks Meter: 3

By mehcoib, Member on 14th October 2015, 04:40 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi,

here is the situation with my Nexus 4:
* Android 5.0.1
* rooted
* TWRP
* can't access via adb while in bootloader (I tried everything I found over the Internet... uninstall/reinstall driver, tried another port, another computer, another OS, etc.)
* device not recognized when I use the "ADB sideload" option of TWRP (In Windows device manager I see "Nexus 4" with a yellow mark but I haven't been able to find a driver for it)

I want to upgrade to Android 5.1.1 (and won't go further), but how?? since I can't do the OTA update (because of TWRP) and I can't flash the Google official image (since I can't access while in bootloader)...

I don't care if I need to wipe everything, my backups are up-to-date (nandroid + Titanium).

Does anyone has an idea?

I can access to my device from Windows via ADB commands only (not convenient but it works).

Thanks a lot.

14th October 2015, 06:57 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 114

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mehcoib

Hi,

here is the situation with my Nexus 4:
* Android 5.0.1
* rooted
* TWRP
* can't access via adb while in bootloader (I tried everything I found over the Internet... uninstall/reinstall driver, tried another port, another computer, another OS, etc.)
* device not recognized when I use the "ADB sideload" option of TWRP (In Windows device manager I see "Nexus 4" with a yellow mark but I haven't been able to find a driver for it)

I want to upgrade to Android 5.1.1 (and won't go further), but how?? since I can't do the OTA update (because of TWRP) and I can't flash the Google official image (since I can't access while in bootloader)...

I don't care if I need to wipe everything, my backups are up-to-date (nandroid + Titanium).

Does anyone has an idea?

I can access to my device from Windows via ADB commands only (not convenient but it works).

Thanks a lot.

Download wugfresh nexus root toolkit. Works flawlessly.

Edit: you may need to follow the driver install instructions!
14th October 2015, 03:28 PM |#3  
OP Member
Flag Montreal, QC
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdasmith

Download wugfresh nexus root toolkit. Works flawlessly.

Edit: you may need to follow the driver install instructions!

thanks for your help. Before I saw your post I used Skipsoft toolkit. Seemed to work but now my device won'T boot, it's stuck in the lolipop animation boot. I switched it off many times, but still stuck. Maybe I should have used wugfresh toolkit. I'll give a try later. Thanks again.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
5.1.1 nexus 4 upgrade

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)