Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,558 Members 44,811 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Heat

Tip us?
 
nexuspur
Old
#1  
nexuspur's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 77
Posts: 265
Join Date: Nov 2013
Default Heat

Hey everybody I have the "problem"that my n4 heats up very quickly on 3g until 50-60°celsius. Is this normal ?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
Mashed_Potatoes
Old
#2  
Mashed_Potatoes's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 88
Posts: 438
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Novi Sad
It must be because you are using apps or games that like high frequencies

Either undervolt or spend less time using your phone
 
ttheodorou
Old
#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 21
Posts: 146
Join Date: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by nexuspur View Post
Hey everybody I have the "problem"that my n4 heats up very quickly on 3g until 50-60°celsius. Is this normal ?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
What to you mean heat up? the temperature of the battery or you have a thermometer on the phone? and do not take the temperature while the phone is charging. it supposed to go up!!!

mine battery temp is about 25 degrees with a max of 30-32. ambient room temp is around 20 degrees and the phone is not in direct sunlight. note that my cpu is undervolted (150mv down) and underclocked (at 1350mhz) but playing games the temp doesn't go more than 32.

in some forums i have read that it is normal the back of the phone to heat up because it is plastic and plastic does not spread heat like aluminum.

hope i shed some light...

ps. the degrees are in celcius
 
nexuspur
Old
#4  
nexuspur's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 77
Posts: 265
Join Date: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttheodorou View Post
What to you mean heat up? the temperature of the battery or you have a thermometer on the phone? and do not take the temperature while the phone is charging. it supposed to go up!!!

mine battery temp is about 25 degrees with a max of 30-32. ambient room temp is around 20 degrees and the phone is not in direct sunlight. note that my cpu is undervolted (150mv down) and underclocked (at 1350mhz) but playing games the temp doesn't go more than 32.

in some forums i have read that it is normal the back of the phone to heat up because it is plastic and plastic does not spread heat like aluminum.

hope i shed some light...

ps. the degrees are in celcius
thx for ur answer but im talking about the cpu temperature not about the battery temperature. for battery temperature i hav the same values like you. my cpu is also undervolted until nearly -200mv^^. but anyway thx.
 
ttheodorou
Old
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 21
Posts: 146
Join Date: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by nexuspur View Post
thx for ur answer but im talking about the cpu temperature not about the battery temperature. for battery temperature i hav the same values like you. my cpu is also undervolted until nearly -200mv^^. but anyway thx.
how can you see the cpu temp?? the nexus4 as far as i know has not any sensors for the cpu temp
 
nexuspur
Old
#6  
nexuspur's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 77
Posts: 265
Join Date: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttheodorou View Post
how can you see the cpu temp?? the nexus4 as far as i know has not any sensors for the cpu temp
you can easily can read it in "trickstermod".
 
ttheodorou
Old
#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 21
Posts: 146
Join Date: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by nexuspur View Post
you can easily can read it in "trickstermod".
i will check and reply to you in a while

---------- Post added at 04:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:54 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexuspur View Post
you can easily can read it in "trickstermod".
after about 5 mins of gaming (riptide gp2 that has quite heavy graphics) with wifi and 3g on the temp of my cpy via trickstermod is about 42-43 degrees when i immediately leave the game. if you need me to check anything else feel free to ask.
 
nexuspur
Old
#8  
nexuspur's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 77
Posts: 265
Join Date: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttheodorou View Post
i will check and reply to you in a while

---------- Post added at 04:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:54 PM ----------



after about 5 mins of gaming (riptide gp2 that has quite heavy graphics) with wifi and 3g on the temp of my cpy via trickstermod is about 42-43 degrees when i immediately leave the game. if you need me to check anything else feel free to ask.
thx for checking whats about your display brightness because i only get 50 degrees if im on 100%
 
ttheodorou
Old
#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 21
Posts: 146
Join Date: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by nexuspur View Post
thx for checking whats about your display brightness because i only get 50 degrees if im on 100%
with brightness set to 100% i hit 49 degrees afte 5 mins gaming with wifi and 3g enabled. that is normal (i think) if you consider that the thermal throttling kicks in at 70 degrees (checked it in franco kernel updater)

edit: before the brightness was set to auto so i think it was about 15-20%
 
RASTAVIPER
Old
#10  
RASTAVIPER's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 270
Posts: 1,598
Join Date: May 2011
It's normal to get around 50 degrees on 3G or more during gaming.

Unleashed by my Nexus 4
Phone 1: NEXUS 4 16GB, Rooted, Stock 4.4.4, Hells core b47
Phone 2: HTC DESIRE HD @1.2Ghz Rooted with JellyTime 4.2 R11 1900mah Anker battery
Tablet 1: TABLET v975m 32gb v3: custom 1.10 Rom
Tablet 2: TV BOX CS968, GEASS custom Rom

The Following User Says Thank You to RASTAVIPER For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes