Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,052 Members 40,452 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[HELP] Failed 4.4.3 OTA Update

Tip us?

dialsquare1886
Old
(Last edited by dialsquare1886; 4th June 2014 at 09:39 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [HELP] Failed 4.4.3 OTA Update

Just received the 4.4.3 OTA Update, downloaded it and then followed instructions that required me to reboot in order to install the update. After rebooting, I got onto the screen where the green android Logo was there and the update was getting installed. The progress bar indicated that most of the installation was done when suddenly the progress was replaced with an "Error!" message just below the green Android alien. I tried to switch off the phone and switch it on again, but now the phone doesn't start, the Google Logo shows up but after that the screen is just blank. Would appreciate any help on get this to work. My phone is not rooted and I don't have any custom ROM's installed on my phone just FYI.
I've also been able to take it to the screen where you have the green alien and then a few options that we have to select with the volume buttons ("Start", "Restart Bootloader", "Recovery Mode" and "Power Off" ). Selecting Start from here has the same effect as before the screen stays blank.
Also tried getting into Recovery Mode, but that just gives me the robot with "No Command" being displayed on screen.

Would appreciate any help on getting my phone working again!

jd1639
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3175
Quote:
Originally Posted by dialsquare1886 View Post
Just received the 4.4.3 OTA Update, downloaded it and then followed instructions that required me to reboot in order to install the update. After rebooting, I got onto the screen where the green android Logo was there and the update was getting installed. The progress bar indicated that most of the installation was done when suddenly the progress was replaced with an "Error!" message just below the green Android alien. I tried to switch off the phone and switch it on again, but now the phone doesn't start, the Google Logo shows up but after that the screen is just blank. Would appreciate any help on get this to work. My phone is not rooted and I don't have any custom ROM's installed on my phone just FYI.
I've also been able to take it to the screen where you have the green alien and then a few options that we have to select with the volume buttons ("Start", "Restart Bootloader", "Recovery Mode" and "Power Off" ). Selecting Start from here has the same effect as before the screen stays blank.
Also tried getting into Recovery Mode, but that just gives me the robot with "No Command" being displayed on screen.

Would appreciate any help on getting my phone working again!
Flash the 4.4.3 factory image in fastboot. If you're worried about losing data then flash each piece individually and don't flash userdata.img

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

dialsquare1886
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639 View Post
Flash the 4.4.3 factory image in fastboot. If you're worried about losing data then flash each piece individually and don't flash userdata.img

Can I still do that even if USB debugging is not enabled? What would be the best way of doing this? Not worried about data, as I had everything backed up and I've already tried a factory reset and that didn't do anything.

jd1639
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3175
Quote:
Originally Posted by dialsquare1886 View Post
Can I still do that even if USB debugging is not enabled? What would be the best way of doing this? Not worried about data, as I had everything backed up and I've already tried a factory reset and that didn't do anything.
Follow this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=47156064

The Following User Says Thank You to jd1639 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dialsquare1886
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Just wanted to confirm that flashing a factory image did indeed work and my phone is running 4.4.3 without any issues now. Thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Free mobile app