Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,783,010 Members 44,248 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Help identify problem with screen

Tip us?

GFXi0N
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 186
Default Help identify problem with screen

Hi! I recently had an accident with my Nexus 4. I dropped it from a coffee table, less than half meter high, and the touch screen stopped responding at the first half centimeter of the top.... I couldn't swipe the status bar down... Etc....
My home insurance took care of it and a technician replaced it with another screen.
I see some strange shadows now with the new screen, mostly on clear images..... More if it's just white. Not noticeable at all on black or dark images... See the attachments to get an idea.
Of course, I'm going to demand another replacement to my insurance and complain about the current result, but I guess maybe someone could tell me which could be the reason for this happening.... Bad screen or assembly screw-up by the tech crew?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1397685370108.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	2690457   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1397685386182.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	34.1 KB
ID:	2690459   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1397685396166.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	32.4 KB
ID:	2690460  
Phone: Google LG Nexus 4 16GB - Rom: Carbon ROM + AK Kernel

nexuspur
Old
Thanks Meter 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFXi0N View Post
Hi! I recently had an accident with my Nexus 4. I dropped it from a coffee table, less than half meter high, and the touch screen stopped responding at the first half centimeter of the top.... I couldn't swipe the status bar down... Etc....
My home insurance took care of it and a technician replaced it with another screen.
I see some strange shadows now with the new screen, mostly on clear images..... More if it's just white. Not noticeable at all on black or dark images... See the attachments to get an idea.
Of course, I'm going to demand another replacement to my insurance and complain about the current result, but I guess maybe someone could tell me which could be the reason for this happening.... Bad screen or assembly screw-up by the tech crew?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
Sry but i must tell you that you should replace your screen.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 4 mit Tapatalk