FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[HELP] Nexus 4 Lollipop 5.1.1 Softbricked

9 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By hirothehero, Junior Member on 19th June 2016, 01:01 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hey guys, I need a little help to figure out what's going on with my dad's nexus 4.
When he tried to update to the newest version of Lollipop avaiable, the phone entered in a bootloop.
I tried flashing a factory image manually using this guide, but after it was done, the phone booted and it was still in a bootloop (stuck on the colored circles moving). I tried wiping data/factory reset afterwards and the phone remained in a bootloop state.
I also tried using the nexus root toolkit by WugFresh using the option "Flash Stock/Unroot" with the Soft brick/bootloop box checked, but it also didn't solve the problem.
There were no error messages when flashing, and I waited for 30 ~ 45 minutes after each flashing attempt to make sure that the phone was in fact in a bootloop.
I don't know what to do anymore... Can it be a hardware problem?

19th June 2016, 04:39 PM |#2  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 4,130

More
Did you manually flash the userdata.img file? If not, flash the file and, immediately after flashing the file in fastboot, go into stock recovery, perform a factory wipe, and reboot.
The Following User Says Thank You to audit13 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift audit13 Ad-Free
19th June 2016, 06:32 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by audit13

Did you manually flash the userdata.img file? If not, flash the file and, immediately after flashing the file in fastboot, go into stock recovery, perform a factory wipe, and reboot.

I manually flashed the files and did a factory wipe, but it didn't solve the problem.
19th June 2016, 06:44 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:

Did you flash the userdata.img file?

yes, I did exactly as you said.
19th June 2016, 07:02 PM |#6  
Flag Toronto

More
Hmm, usually flashing the userdata file and wiping via stock recovery works. Have you tried different factory images?
The Following User Says Thank You to audit13 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift audit13 Ad-Free
19th June 2016, 07:15 PM |#7  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:

Hmm, usually flashing the userdata file and wiping via stock recovery works. Have you tried different factory images?

I tried to downgrade to 5.0 and 4.4.4 , but on both of them I get stucked on the boot animation.
19th June 2016, 08:30 PM |#8  
Flag Toronto

More
Try 4.1.1? If it works, it is possible that the emmc chip is damaged.
19th June 2016, 10:29 PM |#9  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:

Try 4.1.1? If it works, it is possible that the emmc chip is damaged.

On google's site, the factory images avaiable start from version 4.2.2, I'll try using that.
19th June 2016, 11:42 PM |#11  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:

Okay. Good luck.

So, I was able to downgrade to 4.2.0 version using the toolkit that I mentioned. The phone seems to be working fine now. What does that mean? Can I try to update to lollipop without fear?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)