Top 5 Apps for 2014 + Top Xposed Mod of 2014 – XDA TV

Its that time of year where you look back and remember the things that happened … more

NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet Gets Android 5.0.1, OTA Available

The NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet is the latest Android-powered device released by famed GPU … more

FXP Team Delivers Lollipop to Various Xperia Devices!

From all of us here at XDA-Developers, we’d like to wish you Happy Holidays! If … more

Turn Your Camera Into a Live Puzzle Game

The classic sliding puzzle game hasnt changed much, if at all, over the years. Dating all the way … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Help, my Nexus 4 has stopped working!

OP LukeAp

10th February 2014, 02:01 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Help Wanted!

My Nexus 4 has stopped working

I was out for a run, using my phone to play music via Bluetooth headphones. While out running my headphones disconnected and when I looked at my phone the Bluetooth had turned itself off. I couldn't turn it back on so I decided to reboot. My phone would not turn back on. Initially, I thought it might be the cold (0 C) draining the battery but I have been at home now for over an hour and my phone has been on charge the whole time but still no joy. The phone won't turn on.

Does anyone know of a fix or a way I can 'force' it to turn on? I might add that I am not a developer, so a simple, step by step solution would be much appreciated.

Many thanks for your help and advice.
Last edited by LukeAp; 10th February 2014 at 05:40 PM. Reason: The phone has been fixed: just learnt how to hard reboot it! yay!
10th February 2014, 03:49 PM   |  #2  
Flag Cleveland Ohio - San Diego Ca
Thanks Meter: 231

1,032 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeAp

Help Wanted!

My Nexus 4 has stopped working

I was out for a run, using my phone to play music via Bluetooth headphones. While out running my headphones disconnected and when I looked at my phone the Bluetooth had turned itself off. I couldn't turn it back on so I decided to reboot. My phone would not turn back on. Initially, I thought it might be the cold (0 C) draining the battery but I have been at home now for over an hour and my phone has been on charge the whole time but still no joy. The phone won't turn on.

Does anyone know of a fix or a way I can 'force' it to turn on? I might add that I am not a developer, so a simple, step by step solution would be much appreciated.

Many thanks for your help and advice.

Press and hold the power button until it starts.

Sent with my Nexus® 10 minus 3
10th February 2014, 05:30 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berrydroidcafe

Press and hold the power button until it starts.

I have held the power button for several minutes, the phone still does not turn on. ??
10th February 2014, 05:47 PM   |  #4  
Flag Cleveland Ohio - San Diego Ca
Thanks Meter: 231

1,032 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeAp

I have held the power button for several minutes, the phone still does not turn on. ??

Your button is toast, or worse.

Looks like a trip to the service center is in your future unfortunately.

10th February 2014, 08:55 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 9

59 posts
Have you tried plugging it into an actual computer and seeing if it recognizes it? This would tell us whether the battery or the screen is buggered at least (another way to test this would be to ring the phone of course)

I would also try a fastboot and see if that does anything: Vol Up + Vol Down + Power.
10th February 2014, 10:21 PM   |  #6  
Flag PARIS
Thanks Meter: 5

44 posts
Donate to Me
More
Can we have more information about your phone ? Rooted, access or not to fastboot, etc.
10th February 2014, 10:22 PM   |  #7  
Flag Porto Alegre,Rio Grande Do Sul,Brasil
Thanks Meter: 778

1,204 posts
More
did you tried pressing both volume buttons for 60seconds, plugin into wall charger(still holding down the buttons) and let it charge for some hours?
11th February 2014, 05:30 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 93

412 posts
Leave it plugged in for several hours, sometimes the N4 battery needs to get enough juice before it starts up again.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread