Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,558 Members 45,957 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Help, my Nexus 4 has stopped working!

Tip us?
 
LukeAp
Old
(Last edited by LukeAp; 10th February 2014 at 04:40 PM.) Reason: The phone has been fixed: just learnt how to hard reboot it! yay!
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Feb 2014
Thumbs down [Q] Help, my Nexus 4 has stopped working!

Help Wanted!

My Nexus 4 has stopped working

I was out for a run, using my phone to play music via Bluetooth headphones. While out running my headphones disconnected and when I looked at my phone the Bluetooth had turned itself off. I couldn't turn it back on so I decided to reboot. My phone would not turn back on. Initially, I thought it might be the cold (0 C) draining the battery but I have been at home now for over an hour and my phone has been on charge the whole time but still no joy. The phone won't turn on.

Does anyone know of a fix or a way I can 'force' it to turn on? I might add that I am not a developer, so a simple, step by step solution would be much appreciated.

Many thanks for your help and advice.
 
Berrydroidcafe
Old
#2  
Berrydroidcafe's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 230
Posts: 1,021
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cleveland Ohio - San Diego Ca
Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeAp View Post
Help Wanted!

My Nexus 4 has stopped working

I was out for a run, using my phone to play music via Bluetooth headphones. While out running my headphones disconnected and when I looked at my phone the Bluetooth had turned itself off. I couldn't turn it back on so I decided to reboot. My phone would not turn back on. Initially, I thought it might be the cold (0 C) draining the battery but I have been at home now for over an hour and my phone has been on charge the whole time but still no joy. The phone won't turn on.

Does anyone know of a fix or a way I can 'force' it to turn on? I might add that I am not a developer, so a simple, step by step solution would be much appreciated.

Many thanks for your help and advice.
Press and hold the power button until it starts.

Sent with my Nexus® 10 minus 3
Blackberry Bold 9780 OS 7
HTC G2 (Desire Z) 4.4.2
LG Nexus 4 4.4.2
Asus Nexus 7 (2013) 4.4.2

Don't forget to hit the Thanks button if I helped in any way!

 
LukeAp
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berrydroidcafe View Post
Press and hold the power button until it starts.

Sent with my Nexus® 10 minus 3
I have held the power button for several minutes, the phone still does not turn on. ??
 
Berrydroidcafe
Old
#4  
Berrydroidcafe's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 230
Posts: 1,021
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cleveland Ohio - San Diego Ca
Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeAp View Post
I have held the power button for several minutes, the phone still does not turn on. ??
Your button is toast, or worse.

Looks like a trip to the service center is in your future unfortunately.

Sent with my Nexus® 10 minus 3
Blackberry Bold 9780 OS 7
HTC G2 (Desire Z) 4.4.2
LG Nexus 4 4.4.2
Asus Nexus 7 (2013) 4.4.2

Don't forget to hit the Thanks button if I helped in any way!

 
Monotoko
Old
#5  
Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 37
Join Date: Dec 2012
Have you tried plugging it into an actual computer and seeing if it recognizes it? This would tell us whether the battery or the screen is buggered at least (another way to test this would be to ring the phone of course)

I would also try a fastboot and see if that does anything: Vol Up + Vol Down + Power.
 
Noyamori
Old
#6  
Noyamori's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 12
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: PARIS

 
DONATE TO ME
Can we have more information about your phone ? Rooted, access or not to fastboot, etc.
 
opssemnik
Old
#7  
opssemnik's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 691
Posts: 1,062
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Porto Alegre,Rio Grande Do Sul,Brasil
did you tried pressing both volume buttons for 60seconds, plugin into wall charger(still holding down the buttons) and let it charge for some hours?
email - antoniobvg@gmail.com
skype - abui.ss
Nexus 4 / 16gb (broken)
Nexus 5 / D821 / 16gb / ? / ? / ? (not yet)
New Nexus 7 wifi / 32gb - Android L Developer Preview
Galaxy S3 Intl(I9300) - LS KK 3.1 (4.4.4)
 
chrisrozon
Old
#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 79
Posts: 339
Join Date: Feb 2013
Leave it plugged in for several hours, sometimes the N4 battery needs to get enough juice before it starts up again.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Choose from Over a Thousand Battery Styles with 3Minit Battery Mod

The battery style in stock Android looks pretty dull. It doesn’t … more

Organize Your Cloud Storage Files with Unclouded

Cloud storage services like Dropbox or Google Drive have grown in popularity dramatically … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: Blur Your System Notification Panel – XDA Developer TV

Listen, we love innovative applications and modules that … more

Android 4.4.3 Begins Rolling Out to European HTC One M8

Shortly after the USA Unlocked and Developer Editions of the HTC One M8 received the … more