Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] help me please! baseband unknown My Nexus4

OP delpiero22

20th January 2014, 09:22 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Hi every one! First thing I'm so sorry for not strong english language.
And this is the first post for me.

Let's the problem. I buy Nexus4 from one man in http://www.overclockzone.com/forums/...lay.php/168-LG
it's Thai website. He provide Nexus4 but It have not Imei and baseband unknown that's means can't call or used gps.
I think I can solved this solution cause my old mobile is Galaxy s(SC-02b) and I learn how to update rom or used in other country by flash modem from http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1614417.
The first i thinking just flash modem or radio.

But It's not easy I tried in many solution also http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2347060
all still baseband unknown . This is my notice this device

1.Model - ZNFE960 (Made in Korea)
2.When i got this device it's used miui rom not problem except baseband unknown with 4.2.2 (JDQ39) and franco kernel r195
3.I can back to stock rom just 4.2.2 (JDQ39).The newer 4.3 (JWR66Y) and 4.4(KRT16S) It's not work bootloop but i didn't try 4.4.2 (KOT49H)
4.The boot loop of stock rom 4.3 or 4.4 after then i get into recovery mode for wipe data it have this status before
E:Can't mount/cache/recovery/log
E:Can't open/cache/recovery/log
E:failed to mount /cache (Invalid argument)

E:Can't mount/cache/recovery/last_log
E:Can't open/cache/recovery/last_log

E:Can't mount/cache/recovery/last_install
E:Can't open/cache/recovery/last_install

and when I wipe data and cache. The status for wipe show below that message but still boot loop and I get into recovery mode again that message not show but show status of wipe data (still boot loop)

5.Baseband version on fastboot was show
6.When I flash radio . It's update on fastboot but still baseband unknown
7.It's unlock bootloader every time although get factory image
8.It's ota update 4.3 when i connected wifi . if it's download successfull then show notification all the time.
9.If I restart and install, It's stuck Android upgrading is starting apps.Although I wipe data it still bootloop.(but not show error message like (4))
10.In Root folder.There are many folder are empty as cache,config,data,firmware,persist and sbin.

solve solution and suggest me please.........
21st January 2014, 12:55 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 601

1,031 posts
More
I would start here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2015469

Wugfresh's toolkit has assisted many N4 owners with returning their phones to stock, gaining root, custom recoveries and unlocking. It will also help you to get the proper drivers.

Get it back to factory stock. Once there, root and install a custom recovery.

The toolkit will download whatever drivers it needs, updated SU, whatever version of stock you want and the custom recovery you want to use.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
21st January 2014, 09:01 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ph37rd

I would start here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2015469

Wugfresh's toolkit has assisted many N4 owners with returning their phones to stock, gaining root, custom recoveries and unlocking. It will also help you to get the proper drivers.

Get it back to factory stock. Once there, root and install a custom recovery.

The toolkit will download whatever drivers it needs, updated SU, whatever version of stock you want and the custom recovery you want to use.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Thank you for suggestion. I tried to use it before . the custom recovery works but still not help baseband and imei
21st January 2014, 05:24 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 32

138 posts
Has to do with originating country the phone was released in & the country you're trying to use the phone in.

Return it if you can...If you can't return it I'd say your probably toast unfortunately.

Google it...there are a lot of people that have never found a solution to it.
22nd January 2014, 07:02 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhiab

Has to do with originating country the phone was released in & the country you're trying to use the phone in.

Return it if you can...If you can't return it I'd say your probably toast unfortunately.

Google it...there are a lot of people that have never found a solution to it.

thank you very much for this suggestion . Yes I can't return to original country. The device from Hongkong but i stay in Thailand . What a problem why i can't used it .
why my old phone galaxy s (sc-02b) from japan. It's lock carrier network but i just type mmc/mnc . That stock rom of sc-02b it always have baseband version all time but in custom rom as cm10.1 or another maybe not have just flash kernel and modem in it.

Remark it , the mobile in engineer mode (mtk) it have 4 option are
phone inforation
battery information
Usage statics
wi-fi information

It's a normally? it's not have telephony?

I think it my mobile lost imei.and i want to flash imei but not have option . And I doubt about hardware failed maybe losse wire network or
the simcard's tray not connect with board or dirty.i will find to buy screwdriver and try it.

Thank you very much mrhiab
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread