App Review: Calculating Your Android Calculator Options

Sure, everyone has a default Calculator and its something that you dont think about … more

MultiROM Once Again Available for the Galaxy S4

Multiboot, or the ability to select betweenmultiple operating systems on a single device at … more

Build an Impractical But Awesome Lego Mindstorm Dock

The vast majority of what we cover here on the XDA-Developers News Portal relates to … more

MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

[Q] Help Please!

31st August 2014, 12:15 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Hey guys! I'm not a developer. I unlocked the bootloader of my Nexus 4 and rooted it. Along with that i even installed a matrix kernel. So now what happened is my phone wouldn't display anything after starting up but it was connecting to my PC as i had enabled USB debugging mode. But as the phone wasn't starting, i formatted everything except the sd card, cleared the cache and dalvik cache and reinstalled the franco kernel. Even that didn't start so i downloaded CM 11 nightly version and tried to install it, but it didn't get installed. I installed the matrix kernel again and tried to install CM 11 but even then it didn't get installed. Now my phone is stuck on the google logo and the only thing i can do is go to the bootloader, recovery etc. but I can't connect it to my PC as i had factory reset it, the USB debugging had stopped. Basically i just need help in figuring out what should i do. I'm ready to have my phone back to its stock settings and i'm even ready to keep my phone rooted. I just need a way for it to start working. Please guys!! Some help here!!
31st August 2014, 12:53 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 3,397

9,944 posts
Don't panic. The first thing you need to do is flash the factory image in fastboot. After you get your phone back then you need to read a lot before you flash anything again

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
31st August 2014, 01:53 AM   |  #3  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 90

122 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hm.madkhn

Hey guys! I'm not a developer. I unlocked the bootloader of my Nexus 4 and rooted it. Along with that i even installed a matrix kernel. So now what happened is my phone wouldn't display anything after starting up but it was connecting to my PC as i had enabled USB debugging mode. But as the phone wasn't starting, i formatted everything except the sd card, cleared the cache and dalvik cache and reinstalled the franco kernel. Even that didn't start so i downloaded CM 11 nightly version and tried to install it, but it didn't get installed. I installed the matrix kernel again and tried to install CM 11 but even then it didn't get installed. Now my phone is stuck on the google logo and the only thing i can do is go to the bootloader, recovery etc. but I can't connect it to my PC as i had factory reset it, the USB debugging had stopped. Basically i just need help in figuring out what should i do. I'm ready to have my phone back to its stock settings and i'm even ready to keep my phone rooted. I just need a way for it to start working. Please guys!! Some help here!!

Relax!
Download the Nexus 4 factory image from Google and flash it using fastboot from your PC.
This will revert the phone to pure stock unrooted settings and then just try rooting the phone again from there.
Check of your kernel and ROM files were proper, if they were corrupted then it could have lead to the bootloop
31st August 2014, 07:10 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rondias18

Relax!
Download the Nexus 4 factory image from Google and flash it using fastboot from your PC.
This will revert the phone to pure stock unrooted settings and then just try rooting the phone again from there.
Check of your kernel and ROM files were proper, if they were corrupted then it could have lead to the bootloop

Hey! Thanks for the help but the USB debugging mode in my phone is switched off as i had reset it. So basically i can't connect it to my PC.
It shows under device manager etc but doesn't show in My Computer. I'm running Windows 8 64 bit.
31st August 2014, 07:15 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rondias18

Relax!

And by the way, I downloaded CM11 Nightly but it couln't get installed due to some error and before installing the ROM i installed the matrix kernel but after installing, the phone didn't start. It showed the starting animation but did not start the phone up. Can you please tell me how to enable USB Debugging from CWM Recovery? Coz it's stuck on the Google logo and i can't start it, so neither can I enable the USB debugging mode.
31st August 2014, 08:16 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 102

342 posts
Is your recovery up to date? If not please flash the latest one or flash trwp recovery instead. Use adb sideload, since you cant access your usb debugging
31st August 2014, 02:55 PM   |  #7  
Flag Saudi Arabia
Thanks Meter: 740

2,300 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hm.madkhn

Hey! Thanks for the help but the USB debugging mode in my phone is switched off as i had reset it. So basically i can't connect it to my PC.
It shows under device manager etc but doesn't show in My Computer. I'm running Windows 8 64 bit.

You don't need USB debugging for fastboot. Download the factory stuff from google, turn off device, hold volume down and boot up device (i.e. into bootloader), and run the "flash-all.bat" (after extracting the downloaded file) .. This will wipe your data. If you want to keep data, open the flash-all.bat file and remove the "-w" from the last line.
31st August 2014, 03:23 PM   |  #8  
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 3,397

9,944 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvlesz

You don't need USB debugging for fastboot. Download the factory stuff from google, turn off device, hold volume down and boot up device (i.e. into bootloader), and run the "flash-all.bat" (after extracting the downloaded file) .. This will wipe your data. If you want to keep data, open the flash-all.bat file and remove the "-w" from the last line.

Remove userdata.img too or it will overwrite your apps

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA Free mobile app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread