FORUMS

Galaxy S6 & Edge get €100 Price Cut—New Models Incoming

Samsung has dropped the price of both the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge by … more

How To Port Fully Featured Sony Xperia Z4 Camera

Xperia Z4’s hardware may not impress, but its software is definitely … more

Experimental TWRP Available For Moto G 2015

XDA Senior Member squid2 has posted experimental builds of TWRP for the Moto G … more

Sunday Debate: How Can We Get a No-Compromise Phone?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Compromises. Come with your opinions and … more

[Q] Help Please!

3 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By hm.madkhn, Junior Member on 31st August 2014, 12:15 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hey guys! I'm not a developer. I unlocked the bootloader of my Nexus 4 and rooted it. Along with that i even installed a matrix kernel. So now what happened is my phone wouldn't display anything after starting up but it was connecting to my PC as i had enabled USB debugging mode. But as the phone wasn't starting, i formatted everything except the sd card, cleared the cache and dalvik cache and reinstalled the franco kernel. Even that didn't start so i downloaded CM 11 nightly version and tried to install it, but it didn't get installed. I installed the matrix kernel again and tried to install CM 11 but even then it didn't get installed. Now my phone is stuck on the google logo and the only thing i can do is go to the bootloader, recovery etc. but I can't connect it to my PC as i had factory reset it, the USB debugging had stopped. Basically i just need help in figuring out what should i do. I'm ready to have my phone back to its stock settings and i'm even ready to keep my phone rooted. I just need a way for it to start working. Please guys!! Some help here!!
 
 
31st August 2014, 12:53 AM |#2  
jd1639's Avatar
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 4,882
 
Donate to Me
More
Don't panic. The first thing you need to do is flash the factory image in fastboot. After you get your phone back then you need to read a lot before you flash anything again

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
31st August 2014, 01:53 AM |#3  
Senior Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 95
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hm.madkhn

Hey guys! I'm not a developer. I unlocked the bootloader of my Nexus 4 and rooted it. Along with that i even installed a matrix kernel. So now what happened is my phone wouldn't display anything after starting up but it was connecting to my PC as i had enabled USB debugging mode. But as the phone wasn't starting, i formatted everything except the sd card, cleared the cache and dalvik cache and reinstalled the franco kernel. Even that didn't start so i downloaded CM 11 nightly version and tried to install it, but it didn't get installed. I installed the matrix kernel again and tried to install CM 11 but even then it didn't get installed. Now my phone is stuck on the google logo and the only thing i can do is go to the bootloader, recovery etc. but I can't connect it to my PC as i had factory reset it, the USB debugging had stopped. Basically i just need help in figuring out what should i do. I'm ready to have my phone back to its stock settings and i'm even ready to keep my phone rooted. I just need a way for it to start working. Please guys!! Some help here!!

Relax!
Download the Nexus 4 factory image from Google and flash it using fastboot from your PC.
This will revert the phone to pure stock unrooted settings and then just try rooting the phone again from there.
Check of your kernel and ROM files were proper, if they were corrupted then it could have lead to the bootloop
31st August 2014, 07:10 AM |#4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rondias18

Relax!
Download the Nexus 4 factory image from Google and flash it using fastboot from your PC.
This will revert the phone to pure stock unrooted settings and then just try rooting the phone again from there.
Check of your kernel and ROM files were proper, if they were corrupted then it could have lead to the bootloop

Hey! Thanks for the help but the USB debugging mode in my phone is switched off as i had reset it. So basically i can't connect it to my PC.
It shows under device manager etc but doesn't show in My Computer. I'm running Windows 8 64 bit.
31st August 2014, 07:15 AM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rondias18

Relax!
Download the Nexus 4 factory image from Google and flash it using fastboot from your PC.
This will revert the phone to pure stock unrooted settings and then just try rooting the phone again from there.
Check of your kernel and ROM files were proper, if they were corrupted then it could have lead to the bootloop

And by the way, I downloaded CM11 Nightly but it couln't get installed due to some error and before installing the ROM i installed the matrix kernel but after installing, the phone didn't start. It showed the starting animation but did not start the phone up. Can you please tell me how to enable USB Debugging from CWM Recovery? Coz it's stuck on the Google logo and i can't start it, so neither can I enable the USB debugging mode.
31st August 2014, 08:16 AM |#6  
CCody's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 111
 
More
Is your recovery up to date? If not please flash the latest one or flash trwp recovery instead. Use adb sideload, since you cant access your usb debugging
31st August 2014, 02:55 PM |#7  
Marvlesz's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Saudi Arabia
Thanks Meter: 745
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hm.madkhn

Hey! Thanks for the help but the USB debugging mode in my phone is switched off as i had reset it. So basically i can't connect it to my PC.
It shows under device manager etc but doesn't show in My Computer. I'm running Windows 8 64 bit.

You don't need USB debugging for fastboot. Download the factory stuff from google, turn off device, hold volume down and boot up device (i.e. into bootloader), and run the "flash-all.bat" (after extracting the downloaded file) .. This will wipe your data. If you want to keep data, open the flash-all.bat file and remove the "-w" from the last line.
31st August 2014, 03:23 PM |#8  
jd1639's Avatar
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 4,882
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvlesz

You don't need USB debugging for fastboot. Download the factory stuff from google, turn off device, hold volume down and boot up device (i.e. into bootloader), and run the "flash-all.bat" (after extracting the downloaded file) .. This will wipe your data. If you want to keep data, open the flash-all.bat file and remove the "-w" from the last line.

Remove userdata.img too or it will overwrite your apps

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA Free mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes