XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Help me pls, no phone signal

Tip us?

foxguard
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Default [Q] Help me pls, no phone signal

Ok, I was running PA 4 Beta3 but was having problems with the screen delay so thought I would completly wipe my phone, fresh install PA and install the mini Gapps (I had prev installed the stock but didnt want all the apps)
Here is where it started to go wrong, Phone would not start ptopery, would get past animation screen but that was it, would then just crash with small date in corner.
Wiped and flashed just the Rom and this also failed.
Wiped and installed 3.99 and this seem to work but then the wizard crashed and I had to power down.
Booted back up into recovery and dirty flashed Beta 3 again and this seemed ok. Flashed Stock Gapps and rebooted.
All apps have installed again, titanium back has been run but I still have no network what so ever.,

If i go into settings, more, vpn, mobile networks I get 'unfortunately settings has stopped'.

I have dirty flashed again but still have same problem.

I cant do a complete wipe and install again as need to get out of the office, however with the prev problems I had I am weary about doing so.

Can anyone shed any light on any of the issues i had at all?
Im new to all this... go EZ on me!

Berrydroidcafe
Old
Thanks Meter 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxguard View Post
Ok, I was running PA 4 Beta3 but was having problems with the screen delay so thought I would completly wipe my phone, fresh install PA and install the mini Gapps (I had prev installed the stock but didnt want all the apps)
Here is where it started to go wrong, Phone would not start ptopery, would get past animation screen but that was it, would then just crash with small date in corner.
Wiped and flashed just the Rom and this also failed.
Wiped and installed 3.99 and this seem to work but then the wizard crashed and I had to power down.
Booted back up into recovery and dirty flashed Beta 3 again and this seemed ok. Flashed Stock Gapps and rebooted.
All apps have installed again, titanium back has been run but I still have no network what so ever.,

If i go into settings, more, vpn, mobile networks I get 'unfortunately settings has stopped'.

I have dirty flashed again but still have same problem.

I cant do a complete wipe and install again as need to get out of the office, however with the prev problems I had I am weary about doing so.

Can anyone shed any light on any of the issues i had at all?
Sounds like a radio issue. If you are running 3.99, you need the radio for 4.3 which I do believe 3.99 is based on. You need the radio for KitKat when running the new betas.

Sent with my Nexus® 10 minus 3
Blackberry Bold 9780 OS 7
HTC G2 (Desire Z) 4.4.2
LG Nexus 4 4.4.2
Asus Nexus 7 (2013) 4.4.2

Don't forget to hit the Thanks button if I helped in any way!

The Following User Says Thank You to Berrydroidcafe For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mrhiab
Old
Thanks Meter 32
This is the easiest way to flash a new radio http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2607221
If you went up to a 4.4 based rom and it changed your radio to .97 or .98 then you'll need to flash back to a .84 or before.
to go back to 4.3.
A little thanks goes along ways
The Following User Says Thank You to mrhiab For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Berrydroidcafe
Old
Thanks Meter 220
I think I basically said that. Sometimes I believe in not holding hands and let the guy/gal do some of the, legwork.

Sent with my Nexus® 10 minus 3
Blackberry Bold 9780 OS 7
HTC G2 (Desire Z) 4.4.2
LG Nexus 4 4.4.2
Asus Nexus 7 (2013) 4.4.2

Don't forget to hit the Thanks button if I helped in any way!

The Following User Says Thank You to Berrydroidcafe For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

foxguard
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Thank you every one. I have reverted back to my recovery and all is well but I don't understand why when I flash the ROM ad gapps it happens. My recovery is the same ROM and gapps. No idea.
Oh well stuck with the screen delay for now!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

foxguard
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhiab View Post
This is the easiest way to flash a new radio http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2607221
If you went up to a 4.4 based rom and it changed your radio to .97 or .98 then you'll need to flash back to a .84 or before.
to go back to 4.3.
Hi mate, thanks for this. I have reflashed my phone again and still have the same problem. My baseband is showing as 84 though s that is correct?

EDIT, dont worry a reboot has fixed this issue. Odd.
Thanks again though.

NABENDU1
Old
Thanks Meter 399
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxguard View Post
Hi mate, thanks for this. I have reflashed my phone again and still have the same problem. My baseband is showing as 84 though s that is correct?

EDIT, dont worry a reboot has fixed this issue. Odd.
Thanks again though.
Ohh you are having issues with ur network !! Seen people completely losing their Imei during flashing !! Not to scare you but its better to get the imei files backed up !!

Check my post on the below mentioned link

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...4&postcount=11

Hit the thanks button if you find my post useful