Some help needed :/ Anyone ?

OP Warrior_x

20th August 2014, 06:57 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
/dev/null
Thanks Meter: 62

203 posts
More
So I recently brought up a old nexus 4, the only problem in it is that it has some digitizer issues because of which the below 55px are dead that is the nav keys are dead.
So there are many alternatives for it like Pie controls but the one I liked The most is Mipop(you can google it up)
So the problem is that it is a MiUi Rom feature, is there any way I can use it up on other roms
Any help?

Also as I am new can someone suggest me some light roms and a Good Kernel for better BATTERY LIFE.

Your help would be appreciated.
Thanks
20th August 2014, 09:17 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 102

347 posts
MiPop for Nexus 4. Just install the apk. Your welcome
http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexu...ation-t2467965

As for your second question: it is common knowledge that a kernel, a rom, a theme doesnt affect your batterie life much. Of course if you overclock your CPU/GPU it will drain your batterie much more than stock frequencies. It is your usage bahavior, your apps running in the background, your widget that needs hourly updates, your signal strengths...
But I can recommend you matr1x kernel though. I have tested many, many kernels and I am most satisfied with this one. It has not too much features, but also you dont need them. Try it out
And maybe you should do a factory reset. Your problem may be solved then
Last edited by CCody; 21st August 2014 at 11:38 AM.
21st August 2014, 07:39 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
/dev/null
Thanks Meter: 62

203 posts
More
?
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCody

MiPop for Nexus 4. Just install the apk. Your welcome
http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexu...ation-t2467965

As for your second question: it is common knowledge that a kernel, a rom, a theme doesnt affect your batterie life much. Of course if you overclock your CPU/GPU it will drain your batterie much more than stock frequencies. It is your usage bahavior, your apps running in the background, your widget that needs hourly updates, your signal strengths...
But I can recommend you matr1x kernel though. I have tested many, many kernels and I am most satisfied with this one. It has not too much features, but also you dont need them. Try it out
And maybe you should do a factory reset. Your problem may be solved then

will this mipop apk work on any roms?
21st August 2014, 11:37 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 102

347 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior_x

will this mipop apk work on any roms?

I just tested this .apk and it is shewt. It isnt up to date anymore and probably doesnt work with the latest android version, so I dont recommend this. I am sorry, I should have tested it before posting it to you. My bad. Why dont you use something like PIE control? I know, you dont like it, but there isnt much alternative for you.
And what about this one? Try this out and report back.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...softkeys&hl=de
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread