Recognized Contributor
Flag MA
Thanks Meter: 1,999

5,878 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by espionage724

What's the best, cheapest GSM plan? I looked at StraightTalk and saw they had some pretty unlimited plan for $45/month, but I thought I heard T-Mobile offered something better, idk though.

I think ST is probably the cheapest, but there are some drawbacks(i.e you get flagged/possibility of them canceling your service if you use too much data). The odds of this actually happening are very rare. Many users have used ST and used like 5gb monthly with nary a warning. Also if you get good tmobile coverage in your area than you may wanna consider it. The N4 is capable if using tmobiles 42mbps 4g service. So you may get faster data speeds with Tmo vs ST.
8th November 2012, 03:15 PM   |  #12  
Flag Orono, Maine
Thanks Meter: 701

4,041 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by espionage724

What's the best, cheapest GSM plan? I looked at StraightTalk and saw they had some pretty unlimited plan for $45/month, but I thought I heard T-Mobile offered something better, idk though.

If you get good T-Mobile service where you are then get their prepaid $30 a month plan with 100 minutes, unlimited text, and 5GB of unthrottled "4G". Also, ST does have the option to run on either AT&T or T-Mobile if you need more minutes or something.
8th November 2012, 03:28 PM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 94

649 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0714

hello, in t mobile stores sell the nexus 4 without contract? I will come to New York on vacation from Italy and I would like to take them, also, you know how much is this phone?

I think it is 500 dollars plus tax,which is about 10% in NYC. If you don't have a US credit card you might not be able to buy it from Play Store and ship to the hotel. You could try it with Nexus 7 now.
8th November 2012, 04:02 PM   |  #14  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Drniš
Thanks Meter: 1,209

3,098 posts
Donate to Me
More
Ask someone to buy it for you (if you know some xda member from NY) via Play Store and you pick it up when you arrive

Sent from my MB526 using xda app-developers app
8th November 2012, 04:07 PM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Have a couple questions about sim card compatibility. I have a galaxy vibrant on bell in Canada, I have already been scouring this site and others, and have just purchased a sim card cutter on amazon. But I do have a couple of other questions, will I get 4g HSPA+ speeds with my currant contract (galaxy vibrant is 3g)? And will I have to make any changes with bell or on the new phone itself? Thanks in advance.
8th November 2012, 04:09 PM   |  #16  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Drniš

3,098 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShadow85

Have a couple questions about sim card compatibility. I have a galaxy vibrant on bell in Canada, I have already been scouring this site and others, and have just purchased a sim card cutter on amazon. But I do have a couple of other questions, will I get 4g HSPA+ speeds with my currant contract (galaxy vibrant is 3g)? And will I have to make any changes with bell or on the new phone itself? Thanks in advance.

If you buy it from play store it will be GSM and unlocked.
Nexus 4 supports HSPA+ but not LTE, so it will work

The Following User Says Thank You to ppero196 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th November 2012, 04:09 PM   |  #17  
Flag London, UK
Thanks Meter: 4,296

13,986 posts
More
Quote:

If phone bands are compatible with your network (which they should be) and your network offers hspa+ you shouldn't have a problem. Easily searchable. BTW, hspa+ is NOT 4G, you guys in North America have been victims of marketing.

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to undercover For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th November 2012, 04:29 PM   |  #18  
Recognized Contributor
Flag MA
Thanks Meter: 1,999

5,878 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

See my post at the top of this page
The Following User Says Thank You to eep2378 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th November 2012, 04:35 PM   |  #19  
Recognized Contributor
Flag MYSORE - KARNATAKA - INDIA
Thanks Meter: 8,825

6,925 posts
More
have pre-ordered a 16gb one on ebay.in @27k INR and waiting for it
8th November 2012, 04:41 PM   |  #20  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Drniš

3,098 posts
Donate to Me
More
I would preorder my phone, but I am afraid of the border customs (cause I need to pay tax).
I was thinking of buying via a fellow RC from US. He orders it from Play Store and sends it to me.
But if the police finds out, my phone could end as public property
If I want to do legal way and pay the 400% tax then the phone will be mine, but expensive)
Also it would be too expensive if I want to buy it via my carrier

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
answers, halp me, help thread, help! my carrot cake won't rise., nexus 4, noob, questions, teh ph0n3 no turn on
Previous Thread Next Thread