Voters: 1135. You may not vote on this poll

[HELP THREAD] nexus4 Ask any question.

Tip us?

mark manning
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 3008

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [HELP THREAD] Nexus 4. Ask any question.

Once your phone reboots and the battery shows 15% can you reboot the phone again and does the battery indicator show the correct amount?

Sent from my Nexus
5 Million + Members Heads Are Better Than One
The Following User Says Thank You to mark manning For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

SKRS
Old
(Last edited by SKRS; 12th February 2013 at 03:15 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark manning View Post
Once your phone reboots and the battery shows 15% can you reboot the phone again and does the battery indicator show the correct amount?

Sent from my Nexus
After I saw that it dropped to 15% I turn it off and on and the battery was still on 15%

mark manning
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 3008

DONATE TO ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKRS View Post
After I saw that it dropped to 15% I turn it off and on and the battery was still on 15%
Not gonna lie that's one of the weirder things I have heard. I'm not sure what would cause that. Since you are stock you may want to consider downloading the factory image and reflashing it. If that still doesn't help then you should call Google.

Wish I had a better answer for you. Maybe someone else knows something I don't.

Sent from my Nexus
The Following User Says Thank You to mark manning For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DowntownJeffBrown
Old
Thanks Meter 3362

Quote:
Yea I've had like 2%-5% or so but never anything like that.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to DowntownJeffBrown For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

SKRS
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default ntatorst asienta

Quote:
Not gonna lie that's one of the weirder things I have heard. I'm not sure what would cause that. Since you are stock you may want to consider downloading the factory image and reflashing it. If that still doesn't help then you should call Google.

Wish I had a better answer for you. Maybe someone else knows something I don't.

Sent from my Nexus
To re-flash the factory image do I need to root my phone?
I had experience something a bit similar but on my iPod touch each time I reboot it the battery dropped 3-4%, but I had never experience a random reboot that made my battery drop from 48-50% to 15%, hopefully this will be the only time that this will happen, if this happens again I guess I will contact google.

Oh and I also forgot one detail I don't know if is relevant but the reboot happened when I was reading the news on google currents.
I will attach a couple of pictures where is more clear to see the drop, if some has an idea of why this happened please post
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20130211_193545.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	255.0 KB
ID:	1722340   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20130211_193653.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	255.6 KB
ID:	1722341  

mark manning
Old
(Last edited by mark manning; 12th February 2013 at 04:02 AM.)
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 3008

DONATE TO ME

Quote:
To re-flash the factory image do I need to root my phone?
I had experience something a bit similar but on my iPod touch each time I reboot it the battery dropped 3-4%, but I had never experience a random reboot that made my battery drop from 48-50% to 15%, hopefully this will be the only time that this will happen, if this happens again I guess I will contact google.

Oh and I also forgot one detail I don't know if is relevant but the reboot happened when I was reading the news on google currents.
I will attach a couple of pictures where is more clear to see the drop, if some has an idea of why this happened please post
No it doesn't need to be rooted but....

So this doesn't this happen every time and was just an isolated event? If it was a one time thing just ignore it.

Sent from my Nexus

SKRS
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
No it doesn't need to be rooted but....

So this doesn't this happen every time and was just an isolated event? If it was a one time thing just ignore it.

Sent from my Nexus
As it is right now, yes this is the only and first time that this had happened. I was just really worried about my phone, that is why I wanted to know if someone has experience something like this but hopefully this will never happen again.
Thanks Mark Manning & DowntownJeffBrown for your responses.
The Following User Says Thank You to SKRS For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

snapper.fishes
Old
Thanks Meter 278

Quote:
As it is right now, yes this is the only and first time that this had happened. I was just really worried about my phone, that is why I wanted to know if someone has experience something like this but hopefully this will never happen again.
Thanks Mark Manning & DowntownJeffBrown for your responses.
It happened to me once a few days after I bought the phone, but never since then. I assumed that the battery just wasn't properly calibrated.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to snapper.fishes For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Franklin Bernard
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Default How to change the grey background to black

Hi,

I want to change the grey back ground to black. Apologize if this was already discussed.

For eq: if you go to Gallery (pictures) or settings the background is grey. Is there a way to change it to black ?.

I have been in PA + Motley 35. Its great, But I didnt know how to change the back ground.

Is there any Theme /ROM for doing it ?

Thanks,
Franklin B.

cloneman1
Old
Thanks Meter 4
does the Nexus 4 Support HD voice / Wideband Audio for calling?

Tags
answers, halp me, help thread, help! my carrot cake won't rise., nexus 4, noob, questions, teh ph0n3 no turn on