Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,599 Members 38,429 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: I would like to see such HELP THREAD in every device forum
YES 1,155 94.83%
NO 63 5.17%
Voters: 1218. You may not vote on this poll

[HELP THREAD] nexus4 Ask any question.

Tip us?

Michealtbh
Old
Thanks Meter 841
Default Re: [HELP THREAD] Nexus 4. Ask any question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklin Bernard View Post
Hi,

Anyone know how to do this?

Thanks
There are loads of themes on Google Play, try some

The Unnamed Time Lord
Old
Thanks Meter 7
I have been considering flashing a rom (preferably CM) but I am not sure if its entirely worth it yet.

While the roms have some abilities that make it attractive compared to stock I am wary on the whole stability regarding nightlies and overall stability/improvements over stock.

Just how stable are the nightlies, and what would I be missing from stock if I flash a Custom Rom? (I remember hearing some time ago that the EBS settings were only available in stock.)

Also if I do decide to go with a Custom rom should I also invest in a custom kernel as well to improve battery life and so on?

Mr.JC
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michealtbh View Post
Disable "vibrate on touch" in sound settings
Thanks Man.

Now, can I ask where to start reading in this forum to maximize the potential of our phone?

Is it all begins with rooting/unlocking the phone?

Thanks

Michealtbh
Old
Thanks Meter 841

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unnamed Time Lord View Post
I have been considering flashing a rom (preferably CM) but I am not sure if its entirely worth it yet.

While the roms have some abilities that make it attractive compared to stock I am wary on the whole stability regarding nightlies and overall stability/improvements over stock.

Just how stable are the nightlies, and what would I be missing from stock if I flash a Custom Rom? (I remember hearing some time ago that the EBS settings were only available in stock.)

Also if I do decide to go with a Custom rom should I also invest in a custom kernel as well to improve battery life and so on?
Pretty much all roms are perfectly stable on Nexus devices since they're AOSP devices.

Try different kernels if you want, they're very easy to flash. I personally like Harsh kernel, it's as smooth as stock with improved battery life.

---------- Post added at 10:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.JC View Post
Thanks Man.

Now, can I ask where to start reading in this forum to maximize the potential of our phone?

Is it all begins with rooting/unlocking the phone?

Thanks
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2010338

Foxnov1990
Old
Thanks Meter 44
My question is that I want mail from hotmail to sync every half hour (aka 30min).
it says "inbox check frequency: every 30minutes". Or if I click on inbox and go to Sync Options, it says "Check Frequency: 30minutes".
-- Yet the second I get an email I get a mail notification...
Does anyone know what I have to change to make it sync every 30min instead of push?

[I searched this thread and several others but haven't come across a question like this]
Using:

\\ Running CM 11 rom. //

If this post helped, feel free to hit that pretty "Thanks" button

GS150R
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Unhappy connect n4 to pc

please some one tell me how to connect nexus 4 to my windows xp sp3 pc. I have tried Stryder5 method but its not working.

brodern
Old
Thanks Meter 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklin Bernard View Post
Hi,

Anyone know how to do this?

Thanks
Try thyrus holo black theme on play store, works great with paranoid android

Sent from my Nexus 4

dachau
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Default Soft Buttons with Fixed Position

Hi, I hate it when I rotate the phone and in some cases when the phone is in landscape mode the software buttons move to the wrong side of the screen, hence being on the top of the device. Is there a way to keep them always on the bottom of the screens device and stop them from jumping around? I have CM 10.1 installed.

Som3guy
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Hey,

I got the problem that my Nexus sometimes wants to update to 4.2.1 although the system update menu says the newest version is installed (4.2). When I let the update do what it wants and it reboots, it fails at the recovery system with "apply patch check something".
Only thing I've done to my Nexus so far is rooting it.

bakedcricket
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Hello people. Just wondering, is it possible to increase download speed at HSPA? Like uncap it's limits? Is it possible or is there a solution already?

Tags
answers, halp me, help thread, help! my carrot cake won't rise., nexus 4, noob, questions, teh ph0n3 no turn on