YES 1,171 94.89%
NO 63 5.11%
Voters: 1234. You may not vote on this poll

[HELP THREAD] nexus4 Ask any question.

OP xanthrax

24th February 2013, 12:39 AM   |  #2961  
Thanks Meter: 5

37 posts
[HELP THREAD] Nexus 4. Ask any question.
Rant: this is a bit of a crap idea for a thread. Good intentions but ultimately hides a bunch of reasonable questions with massive conversational pieces on how to root your phone... When there are countless "root my..." Threads anyway.

Rant over, an update regarding my question that no one helped with in the hopes that it proves useful when troubleshooting other phones.

Audio testing/recording programs - will pretty much always use the bottom mic.
Normal phonecalls - expect to hear nothing... The active noise cancellation will rule your voice as being too quiet and transmit nothing if there is an issue with the lower mic.
Google Now/voice - grey circle will fluctuate with voice but never cause a red mic icon or recognise your voice.

All of these things point to a lower microphone issue.

Speakerphone uses the top microphone, so that's an indicator the top mic has failed.

I found out the above from just going with my gut feeling and buying a replacement USB flex ( bought nexus with knackered screen on eBay for 11).

Coincidentally the nexus is pretty damn watertight.

Mine was fully submerged for a good 5 seconds or more in about 20cm of water, placed in sealed bag of silica gel kitty litter for 3 days and when taking apart to replace USB flex noticed that the water detection stickers inside weren't the slightest bit pink, in fact they looked pristine with no signs of water damage throughout the phone, no residual marks or corrosion.
24th February 2013, 12:48 AM   |  #2962  
Flag Porter Indiana (Chicagoland)
Thanks Meter: 3,371

15,882 posts
More
Re: [HELP THREAD] Nexus 4. Ask any question.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3ta7h3ad

Rant: this is a bit of a crap idea for a thread. Good intentions but ultimately hides a bunch of reasonable questions with massive conversational pieces on how to root your phone... When there are countless "root my..." Threads anyway.

Lots of people have learned a lot because of this thread. Maybe read more than the last 5 pages and you will see that. Good day Sir

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
24th February 2013, 12:51 AM   |  #2963  

37 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DowntownJeffBrown

Lots of people have learned a lot because of this thread. Maybe read more than the last 5 pages and you will see that. Good day Sir

Case in point. Unless you have something constructive to add to this thread in response to somebody's question. Don't respond. That way at least folks questions get a sufficient airing rather than just flooded out by dross.

Yes physician heal thyself but hey like I said, both your post and now this one is a perfect example of what not to do in this thread.

Good day to you indeed.
24th February 2013, 12:54 AM   |  #2964  
Wakefield, MA
Thanks Meter: 1,629

5,654 posts
More
[QUOTE=M3ta7h3ad;38393779]

That way at least folks questions get a sufficient airing rather than just flooded out by dross.

Like your little rant

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
24th February 2013, 12:56 AM   |  #2965  
Thanks Meter: 65

198 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonknightthe1st

the phone works, but i want to root it.
still didn't get passed the debbugging unreconized problem

1. Check your debug in your phone.
2. If checked and that tool still doesn't recognize yourphone. Then try another tool or root it manually.
3. If ADB doesn't recognize your phone. Reinstall the driver
24th February 2013, 12:57 AM   |  #2966  

37 posts
[QUOTE=dirtyhamster73;38393872]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3ta7h3ad

That way at least folks questions get a sufficient airing rather than just flooded out by dross.

Like your little rant

And like this ^^^^ and this <<<<

24th February 2013, 01:01 AM   |  #2967  
Wakefield, MA
Thanks Meter: 1,629

5,654 posts
More
[QUOTE=M3ta7h3ad;38393929]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyhamster73

Everything was fine until you decided to crap on another members idea for a thread. You who are? This thread has been fine until your worthless two cents about it came along.

24th February 2013, 01:06 AM   |  #2968  
Flag Porter Indiana (Chicagoland)
Thanks Meter: 3,371

15,882 posts
More
[QUOTE=M3ta7h3ad;38393929]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyhamster73

OK last time I'll respond to u. Please troll elsewhere the op of this thread likes a lil OT as long as its not over board. So unless u know what your talking about your best bet is to stay silent on the subject. This is a constructive threads supported by many many people and coming into a thread and putting it down is frowned upon here on xda. Please check the rules out before posting that way I see u are new but that's no reason to be ignorant of the rules.

---------- Post added at 07:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:03 PM ----------

OK I see u aren't new but your lack if posting showed me otherwise.

Have a great night

24th February 2013, 01:09 AM   |  #2969  
Forum Moderator
Flag Denver, CO Likes: Omne absconditur in palam veniat
Thanks Meter: 3,273

5,189 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonknightthe1st

the phone works, but i want to root it.
still didn't get passed the debbugging unreconized problem

You have to update the android SDK to the latest version. Once you have done so take the fastboot and adb files and copy them from the android SDK folder and place them in the nexus 4 tool kit folder. After you have done that delete the "adb-toolkit and fastboot-toolkit" files then rename the ones you just copied there to adb-toolkit and fastboot-toolkit. Once you have done that everything should work again.

Sent from my Nexus
24th February 2013, 01:42 AM   |  #2970  
Thanks Meter: 227

845 posts
More
I'm on cm10.1 2/22 nightly with the 4.2.1 boot loader and the .48 radio. Is there any reason for me to update the bootloader, and where would I find the files to do so?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
answers, halp me, help thread, help! my carrot cake won't rise., nexus 4, noob, questions, teh ph0n3 no turn on
Previous Thread Next Thread