• YES

Votes: 1,270 94.8%
  • NO

Votes: 69 5.2%

• Total voters
Search This thread

Vrael007

Nov 2, 2011
When I move my music files from one folder to another play music and playerpro don't show any music. Plus while using es file
Explorer I found folders like 'emulated' 'legacy' '0' and these 3 all contain the same files yet take up no extra space. To resolve the issue I connected my phone to my PC and moved the music files to the music folder and it worked. Now the PC shows internal storage when I connect it to the phone and in that it shows sdcard, that's it in the phone I can't fine these other folders. So my question is what do they do? Plus I still can't move music files internally they just disappear from play music that way.
Sent from my Nexus 4 using my fingers.

fenstre

Jan 9, 2012
I searched, but could not find a solution to my issue. I have been using OI file manager for months for creating shortcuts on my home screen then today it stopped working. It won't create them anymore. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling to no avail. I tried restoring a nandroid backup that it worked in and that didn't work. I then tried astro and ES managers and they won't create shortcuts either. I really don't want to do a factory reset if I don't have to. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
With ES File Explorer, I'm also unable to create desktop shortcuts. Can someone else try? I was able to a month ago. (Nova launcher.)

boborone

Anybody got an idea?

Got a bootloop when going from PA with Franco to CM with Faux.

In TWRP, I flashed the faux reset kernal, then faux, then cm. Booted up and had all my apps and settings but was running CM. Thought that was a lil funny, so went to recovery and wiped cache, dalvik, internal, then factory reset. Wanted to start new with CM and set it up how I wanted. Now when I go to reboot, it's looped on the boot animation.

I have tried using a toolkit to push the cm zip to reflash, says I don't have a insecure bootloader, then says no device connected. Tried to use to download and flash factory image, doesn't download anything to flash.

idk, I read, and thought I followed steps, just messed up, fck man.

And btw, I've searched for boot loop here in this thread, didn't find much.
http://xdaforums.com/search.php?searchid=176372455

Last edited:

fenstre

Jan 9, 2012
In TWRP, I flashed the faux reset kernal, then faux, then cm. Booted up and had all my apps and settings but was running CM. Thought that was a lil funny, so went to recovery and wiped cache, dalvik, internal, then factory reset. Wanted to start new with CM and set it up how I wanted. Now when I go to reboot, it's looped on the boot animation.
Do you have a working recovery partition? If so, you can boot into that, use a computer and ADB to transfer a ROM to the device. When you flash it, format /system beforehand to get rid of any junk you may have on it from the old ROM. Afterwards, flash a kernel if you want to. I would wipe cache and factory reset as well. No need to wipe /sdcard.

undercover

Oct 10, 2010
London, UK
Anybody got an idea?

Got a bootloop when going from PA with Franco to CM with Faux.

I have tried using a toolkit to push the cm zip to reflash, says I don't have a insecure bootloader, then says no device connected. Tried to use to download and flash factory image, doesn't download anything to flash.

idk, I read, and thought I followed steps, just messed up, fck man.

And btw, I've searched for boot loop here in this thread, didn't find much.
http://xdaforums.com/search.php?searchid=176372455

Are you sure you are flashing cm kernel not aosp?

Sent from my sandwich maker. Make: LG Model: N⁴

boborone

Do you have a working recovery partition? If so, you can boot into that, use a computer and ADB to transfer a ROM to the device. When you flash it, format /system beforehand to get rid of any junk you may have on it from the old ROM. Afterwards, flash a kernel if you want to. I would wipe cache and factory reset as well. No need to wipe /sdcard.

I have teamwin. I've tried many times to mount the sdcard in recovery, but that doesn't work. Don't have adb set up on this puter I'm on. Know of an easy set up to push a rom over? And man it's been a couple years since I've used adb, I'm gonna need the noob guide if you know of one.

---------- Post added at 05:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:03 AM ----------

Are you sure you are flashing cm kernel not aosp?

Sent from my sandwich maker. Make: LG Model: N⁴

I flashed this rom, http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=41208451, should just be the standard cm kernel. I didn't flash faux. If I hadn't wiped it in recovery, I could have just flashed one of the roms or backups, but I wiped :mad:. idk bud.

fenstre

Jan 9, 2012
I have teamwin. I've tried many times to mount the sdcard in recovery, but that doesn't work. Don't have adb set up on this puter I'm on. Know of an easy set up to push a rom over?
sdcard is /data/media/0, so mount /data and you've mounted sdcard, too. But you have to look for it in /data/media/0 when Android isn't running, not another location. And I don't think you'll get around needing working ADB. If you randomize the bits on the phone's storage (possibly via a microwave), there's a nonzero chance that the bits will coalesce into CM10.1 RC2, but it's more likely to work if you just install ADB. Works on windows/mac/linux.

boborone

sdcard is /data/media/0, so mount /data and you've mounted sdcard, too. But you have to look for it in /data/media/0 when Android isn't running, not another location. And I don't think you'll get around needing working ADB. If you randomize the bits on the phone's storage (possibly via a microwave), there's a nonzero chance that the bits will coalesce into CM10.1 RC2, but it's more likely to work if you just install ADB. Works on windows/mac/linux.

Hahaha thanks man.

4L3xN3t

Jan 12, 2009
Rome
If you get a notification on your phone for the ota update you can click on it to install.

If you don't want to wait for it to get to your phone then get the ota zip file and flash it

Sent from my Nexus 4

sorry for that, but thinking about your words another doubt jumped in my mind :silly:
for CWM is the same, in order to regrant root access, if I install the update via OTA or via ZIP?:confused:

thaaaaaaaaaaaaaank uuuuuuuu

Vrael007

Nov 2, 2011
When I move my music files from one folder to another play music and playerpro don't show any music. Plus while using es file
Explorer I found folders like 'emulated' 'legacy' '0' and these 3 all contain the same files yet take up no extra space. To resolve the issue I connected my phone to my PC and moved the music files to the music folder and it worked. Now the PC shows internal storage when I connect it to the phone and in that it shows sdcard, that's it in the phone I can't fine these other folders. So my question is what do they do? Plus I still can't move music files internally they just disappear from play music that way.
Sent from my Nexus 4 using my fingers.

Help anyone?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

gee2012

Recognized Contributor
Jul 13, 2010
Heerlen
Help anyone?

Go into the music player settings and select the (music) folders where you place the music files and rescan, i personaly have no issues with Poweramp or Play Music finding music files.
-Edit- Are you using Franco kernel, that may cause some problems as he handles storage locations differently.

Last edited:

defffizz

May 13, 2013
Belgrade
hi everyone, i've been wondering can i set beanflinger daydream live wallpaper as actual live wallpaper on my homescreen. i unlocked it and it only shows as option in my daydream section, not in live wallpapers. thanks in advance:)

Vrael007

Nov 2, 2011
Go into the music player settings and select the (music) folders where you place the music files and rescan, i personaly have no issues with Poweramp or Play Music finding music files.
-Edit- Are you using Franco kernel, that may cause some problems as he handles storage locations differently.

As a matter of fact I am r134, I'll try your solution though.

DowntownJeffBrown

Oct 15, 2012
Porter Indiana (Chicagoland)
hi everyone, i've been wondering can i set beanflinger daydream live wallpaper as actual live wallpaper on my homescreen. i unlocked it and it only shows as option in my daydream section, not in live wallpapers. thanks in advance:)

Maybe try following the steps here??? http://www.quora.com/Android-OS/Wha...h-an-Android-that-most-people-dont-know-about

I use PA so I'm not fully sure. If the above link doesn't help try googling a solution or maybe someone else will chime in and help :D

Sent by ma Kittehs they chew on muffins on meow Sexy Nexi 4

Reactions: defffizz

defffizz

May 13, 2013
Belgrade
thank you, but i followed these steps, i unlocked beanflinger (tapped 4.2.2 several times in about phone section in settings) and i can set it as daydream live wallpaper (while my nexus 4 is charging), but i can't find a way to set it as regular live wallpaper. i searched all over the internet and still i couldn't find the answer, so i came here as last option

TToivanen

May 16, 2012
Got my phone today. Quick question:

When the bootloader is relocked, does the lock state switch to "locked" or "relocked"?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There are a lot of people joining xda on daily basis, and there are a lot of repetitive questions being asked which fill up Development threads. Point them here. Feel free to ask or answer questions. Idea of this thread is to get users to help other users with their problems/questions. Please do not spoon feed, but rather point in the direction where that user can find an answer and educate himself

First thing first. I strongly advise you to read THIS thread before posting ANYTHING on XDA.

Then, have a quick look at the names of threads in post no2, you might find what you need right away.

For ROM issues please do mention in your post about:
    ROM name
    ROM version and base
    kernel version and its settings
    any mods applied on top of it
    flashing "style" aka dirty or clean
    something like this
    ...and be sure you have asked before on the ROM thread unless you have less than 10 posts on XDA

Third. Even if you do get your question answered, please, do come back and read threads in post no2 (coming later as soon as we start getting the guides) to educate yourself. You'll be surprised how much time and frustration it will save you in the future.

ASK ANY QUESTION HERE,adb, drivers, superCID etc...... You will either get an answer or will get pointed in the right direction.

No abuse towards noobs tolerated here! No question is stupid in this thread.

***I feel that a little OT is healthy to the success of this type of thread. The people here who help the most will develop a comradery therefore OT is allowed within reason. Common sense will be applied ;)***

HALL OF FAME
    People who contributed most to this thread and helped countless number of people with their problems/questions. In no particular order. These people also have the right to use the banner below :)
    eep2378
    bassmadrigal
    Stryder5
    trell959
    thephantom
    -Asskicker-
    DowntownJeffBrown ��
    azrash
    rskyline
    fenstre
    undercover
    scream4cheese
    xanthrax
    gee2012
    spaceman860
    zelendel
    Android Pizza
    Chromium_
    Jugg1es
    shengovind
    OhDae-su
    abaaaabbbb63
    Berrydroidcafe
    themike10452
    plegdroid
    jd1639

HelpThreadNexus4_128.gif

Just add this code to your sig
    HTML:
    [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1980135"][IMG]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/26257623/HelpThreadNexus4_128.gif[/IMG][/URL]
    WALL OF SHAME! :thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown: @jugg1es @jugg1es @jugg1es @jugg1es

This post is not just duplicate of kidCarter93 Index thread. This is to be used to point people in the right direction.
    Example:
    Q: How can i unlock my Nexus 4?
    A: Go post no2, link no5

No spoonfeeding, user pointed in the right direction, you get your kudo- everyone happy!

1. [REF] Nexus 4: Technical Specification Breakdown by l0st.prophet

2. [REF]Specs,Reviews,Videos,FAQ,Development | Things you need to know about the Nexus4 by eep2378 and Prawesome

3. [INDEX] ROMs, Kernels, Recoveries, Guides, etc by KidCarter93

4. Standalone ADB with FASTBOOT by tinky1 (extract anywhere and double click on .bat file)

5. [DRIVERS] Nexus 4 Driver for Windows by Stryder5

6. [REF][GUIDE][11/03/2012] Unlocking the Bootloader by TheDarkDefender

7. [ROOT][CONFIRMED WORKING] Root Nexus 4 Using Insecure Boot Image and ADB by HQRaja

8. Nexus 4 Stock OTA and Factory Image URLs by oldblue910

9. [HOW-TO] How to flash a factory image / return to stock / unlock / root # by efrant

10. [NEXUS 4 TOOLKIT] Drivers, Backup, Unlock, Root, Flash, Mods + MUCH MORE by mskip

11. [Toolkit] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit by WugFresh
    hey guys sorry for asking this but I try to get titanium back up pro from blackmart alpha. first I download the free version from blackmart alpha and then I download the pro key. but after I install it, the pro key is not working. any idea why? it also happen to app like nova launcher prime :confused:

please help me :eek:

thx

Buy it.
    Linaro is not only in the kernels, I believe it is a compiler and it's "hot" with new roms right now. There's a feature with Google Talk, if you use Talk as your voicemail, you're able to play the voicemail in the call log screen without going to Talk app. Linaro breaks it due to audio libs or something alike.

In all seriousness now, how do I install ios 6 on my nexus 4?
    /s

1. Get iPhone 5
    2. Place N4 next to it
    3. Drop a brick on iPhone
    4. Watch it's soul leave the body and transfer to N4
    5. Success rate infinity/1

No no no, I'm not a grammar Nazi. I'm a grammar Commie!
    Hello everyone, I'm pretty much new to XDA and modding in general. I own a Nexus 4 and I wanted to flash the Paranoid Android ROM.

My two cents;

1. Learn how to use adb and stay away from toolkits. They work brilliantly but opaquely and it's in your best interest to know what's happening with your phones firmware in detail.

2. Don't do anything until you learn how to make, store and restore nandroid backups. The N4 is virtually unbrickable and PA is rock solid after the 4.3 merge.

I'm a novice as well but modding is fascinating to me. Since my only phone is also a business phone I usually wait till Friday to flash new software so I have time to restore in the event of problems. Hasn't happened yet. Have fun.