View Poll Results: I would like to see such HELP THREAD in every device forum
YES 1,171 94.89%
NO 63 5.11%
Voters: 1234. You may not vote on this poll

Post Reply

[HELP THREAD] nexus4 Ask any question.

OP xanthrax

8th November 2012, 04:00 PM   |  #21  
eep2378's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag MA
Thanks Meter: 1,914
 
5,713 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppero196

I would preorder my phone, but I am afraid of the border customs (cause I need to pay tax).
I was thinking of buying via a fellow RC from US. He orders it from Play Store and sends it to me.
But if the police finds out, my phone could end as public property
If I want to do legal way and pay the 400% tax then the phone will be mine, but expensive)
Also it would be too expensive if I want to buy it via my carrier

Sent from my MB526 using xda app-developers app

As you advised before. Take a trip here, I'll buy one, you take it home when you leave lol
8th November 2012, 04:09 PM   |  #22  
ppero196's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Drniš
Thanks Meter: 1,201
 
3,088 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eep2378

As you advised before. Take a trip here, I'll buy one, you take it home when you leave lol

I need visa
If I want to go to Canada I can go without visa.
But its too expensive trip
Plus i'm 17 so

Sent from my MB526 using xda app-developers app
8th November 2012, 04:12 PM   |  #23  
undercover's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag London, UK
Thanks Meter: 4,259
 
13,919 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
More
Please guys remember it's not OT. I do tolerate a bit of OT and a bit of banter, but as soon as it starts taking a page, it's over the top.
Just heads up.

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk 2
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to undercover For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th November 2012, 04:16 PM   |  #24  
ppero196's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Drniš
Thanks Meter: 1,201
 
3,088 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinky1

Please guys remember it's not OT. I do tolerate a bit of OT and a bit of banter, but as soon as it starts taking a page, it's over the top.
Just heads up.

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk 2

Okay.

Will delete my posts....

Wait a second..:banghead:

Sent from my MB526 using xda app-developers app
8th November 2012, 04:17 PM   |  #25  
eep2378's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag MA
Thanks Meter: 1,914
 
5,713 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinky1

Please guys remember it's not OT. I do tolerate a bit of OT and a bit of banter, but as soon as it starts taking a page, it's over the top.
Just heads up.

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk 2

Noted

Sent from the Nodes of Ranvier
8th November 2012, 05:18 PM   |  #26  
Member
Thanks Meter: 13
 
53 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppero196

I would preorder my phone, but I am afraid of the border customs (cause I need to pay tax).
I was thinking of buying via a fellow RC from US. He orders it from Play Store and sends it to me.
But if the police finds out, my phone could end as public property
If I want to do legal way and pay the 400% tax then the phone will be mine, but expensive)
Also it would be too expensive if I want to buy it via my carrier

Sent from my MB526 using xda app-developers app


I called google play store customer service, I told them I live in Ontario, Canada etc. They said I only pay the tax and the shipping fee, NO BROKERAGE FEE. so if you buy the 8gb version, it will come to 370 with tax and shipping. I was worried about the brokerage fee too.
8th November 2012, 05:19 PM   |  #27  
ppero196's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Drniš
Thanks Meter: 1,201
 
3,088 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by moh230

I called google play store customer service, I told them I live in Ontario, Canada etc. They said I only pay the tax and the shipping fee, NO BROKERAGE FEE. so if you buy the 8gb version, it will come to 370 with tax and shipping. I was worried about the brokerage fee too.

I'm NOT from Canada

I'm from Croatia, which is in Europe

Sent from my MB526 using xda app-developers app
8th November 2012, 05:25 PM   |  #28  
Member
Thanks Meter: 13
 
53 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppero196

I'm NOT from Canada

I'm from Croatia, which is in Europe

Sent from my MB526 using xda app-developers app


aww, sorry I thought you were in Canada.

Good luck to you though! Hope everything works out.
8th November 2012, 05:26 PM   |  #29  
ppero196's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Drniš
Thanks Meter: 1,201
 
3,088 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by moh230

aww, sorry I thought you were in Canada.

Good luck to you though! Hope everything works out.

Well i will slowly gather my $1000 which will maybe be the full price of the device here

Sent from my MB526 using xda app-developers app
8th November 2012, 07:52 PM   |  #30  
Senior Member
Flag Sudbury, MA
Thanks Meter: 65
 
661 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2007
More
Has anyone seen a review (or know otherwise) whether the new Android version has native support for USB mass storage devices? The speculation I've seen is that you'd need to root and use something like Stickmount, but I haven't seen any definitive statement one way or the other.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
answers, halp me, help thread, help! my carrot cake won't rise., nexus 4, noob, questions, teh ph0n3 no turn on
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes