View Poll Results: I would like to see such HELP THREAD in every device forum
YES 1,082 94.58%
NO 62 5.42%
Voters: 1144. You may not vote on this poll

[HELP THREAD] nexus4 Ask any question.

Tip us?

xanthrax
Old
(Last edited by xanthrax; 18th March 2014 at 09:21 PM.)
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 5771
Default [HELP THREAD] nexus4 Ask any question.

There are a lot of people joining xda on daily basis, and there are a lot of repetitive questions being asked which fill up Development threads. Point them here. Feel free to ask or answer questions. Idea of this thread is to get users to help other users with their problems/questions. Please do not spoon feed, but rather point in the direction where that user can find an answer and educate himself

First thing first. I strongly advise you to read THIS thread before posting ANYTHING on XDA.

Then, have a quick look at the names of threads in post no2, you might find what you need right away.

For ROM issues please do mention in your post about:
ROM name
ROM version and base
kernel version and its settings
any mods applied on top of it
flashing "style" aka dirty or clean
something like this
...and be sure you have asked before on the ROM thread unless you have less than 10 posts on XDA

Third. Even if you do get your question answered, please, do come back and read threads in post no2 (coming later as soon as we start getting the guides) to educate yourself. You'll be surprised how much time and frustration it will save you in the future.

ASK ANY QUESTION HERE,adb, drivers, superCID etc...... You will either get an answer or will get pointed in the right direction.

No abuse towards noobs tolerated here! No question is stupid in this thread.

***I feel that a little OT is healthy to the success of this type of thread. The people here who help the most will develop a comradery therefore OT is allowed within reason. Common sense will be applied ***

HALL OF FAME
People who contributed most to this thread and helped countless number of people with their problems/questions. In no particular order. These people also have the right to use the banner below
eep2378
bassmadrigal
Stryder5
trell959
thephantom
-Asskicker-
DowntownJeffBrown ��
azrash
rskyline
fenstre
undercover
scream4cheese
xanthrax
gee2012
spaceman860
zelendel
Android Pizza
Chromium_
Jugg1es
shengovind
OhDae-su
abaaaabbbb63
Berrydroidcafe
themike10452
plegdroid

Just add this code to your sig
HTML Code:
[URL="http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1980135"][IMG]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/26257623/HelpThreadNexus4_128.gif[/IMG][/URL]
The Following 71 Users Say Thank You to xanthrax For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

undercover
Old
(Last edited by undercover; 22nd October 2013 at 01:29 PM.)
Thanks Meter 4223
WALL OF SHAME! :thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumb down::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:: thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbd own::thumbdown: @jugg1es @jugg1es @jugg1es @jugg1es

This post is not just duplicate of kidCarter93 Index thread. This is to be used to point people in the right direction.
Example:
Q: How can i unlock my Nexus 4?
A: Go post no2, link no5

No spoonfeeding, user pointed in the right direction, you get your kudo- everyone happy!

1. [REF] Nexus 4: Technical Specification Breakdown by l0st.prophet

2. [REF]Specs,Reviews,Videos,FAQ,Development | Things you need to know about the Nexus4 by eep2378 and Prawesome

3. [INDEX] ROMs, Kernels, Recoveries, Guides, etc by KidCarter93

4. Standalone ADB with FASTBOOT by tinky1 (extract anywhere and double click on .bat file)

5. [DRIVERS] Nexus 4 Driver for Windows by Stryder5

6. [REF][GUIDE][11/03/2012] Unlocking the Bootloader by TheDarkDefender

7. [ROOT][CONFIRMED WORKING] Root Nexus 4 Using Insecure Boot Image and ADB by HQRaja

8. Nexus 4 Stock OTA and Factory Image URLs by oldblue910

9. [HOW-TO] How to flash a factory image / return to stock / unlock / root # by efrant

10. [NEXUS 4 TOOLKIT] Drivers, Backup, Unlock, Root, Flash, Mods + MUCH MORE by mskip

11. [Toolkit] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit by WugFresh
I'm a noob, you are a noob and you are a noob. Let's group nOOb hug!
The Following 27 Users Say Thank You to undercover For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

eep2378
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1762

DONATE TO ME
May I suggest also adding me and Prawesom's thread to help as well here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1966308&page=8
Nexus 5 (White, 32GB)
Rom: Purity(3/22)
Kernel: default Purity

"Physics makes us all its bitches"

Google+/Hangouts: https://plus.google.com/u/0/+EricPinho/posts
Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/eep2378

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eep2378 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

undercover
Old
Thanks Meter 4223
Quote:
Originally Posted by eep2378 View Post
May I suggest also adding me and Prawesom's thread to help as well here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1966308&page=8
Missed those, sorry.

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk 2
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to undercover For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Mohit12
Old
(Last edited by Mohit12; 8th November 2012 at 01:45 PM.)
Thanks Meter 54
Okay, I'll be the first noob.
1 - I'm getting this phone from the US where they use a 110 volt connection, whereas in India we use a 220 volt connection. What accessories should I get along with my phone to ensure my phone charges perfectly and does not spoil the battery?

2 - Will the charger of another phone (Samsung Galaxy 3. Not S3, just 3) work just fine with the Nexus 4? When I use a Blackberry charger on my Galaxy 3, it starts acting funny like sometimes the screen becomes unresponsive or it reboots. I'm asking because although the G3 and the Nexus 4 both use the same micro USB port, they're made by different companies.

3 - I read somewhere that this phone comes with a plastic/silicon cover or something to put so that a fall doesn't break the Gorilla glass. Is that true?

EDIT : 4 - I'm also using a portable charger (a small one). Link : http://theheatweb.com/milktube-porta...one-led-light/. I can continue to use this, right?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mohit12 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

undercover
Old
Thanks Meter 4223
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohit12 View Post
1 - I'm getting this phone from the US where they use a 110 volt connection, whereas in India we use a 220 volt connection. What accessories should I get along with my phone to ensure my phone charges perfectly and does not spoil the battery?

2 - Will the charger of another phone (Samsung Galaxy 3. Not S3, just 3) work just fine with the Nexus 4? When I use a Blackberry charger on my Galaxy 3, it starts acting funny like sometimes the screen becomes unresponsive or it reboots. I'm asking because although the G3 and the Nexus 4 both use the same micro USB port, they're made by different companies.

3 - I read somewhere that this phone comes with a plastic/silicon cover or something to put so that a fall doesn't break the Gorilla glass. Is that true?
1. Just use any AC charger that has USB output. If you encounter touch problems, try different charger.
2. See 1
3. Haven't seen anything like that mentioned yet.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to undercover For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Old
Thanks Meter 1
hello, in t mobile stores sell the nexus 4 without contract? I will come to New York on vacation from Italy and I would like to take them, also, you know how much is this phone?

eep2378
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1762

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohit12 View Post

EDIT : 4 - I'm also using a portable charger (a small one). Link : http://theheatweb.com/milktube-porta...one-led-light/. I can continue to use this, right?
1) use the charger that comes with the phone and you should be fine.

3) all phone comes with plastic/tape like covering but it's just part of the normal covering/packaging. If you want you can leave it on to protect the device until you get a proper case, etc
Nexus 5 (White, 32GB)
Rom: Purity(3/22)
Kernel: default Purity

"Physics makes us all its bitches"

Google+/Hangouts: https://plus.google.com/u/0/+EricPinho/posts
Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/eep2378

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eep2378 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

espionage724
Old
Thanks Meter 494

DONATE TO ME
What's the best, cheapest GSM plan? I looked at StraightTalk and saw they had some pretty unlimited plan for $45/month, but I thought I heard T-Mobile offered something better, idk though.

Device Ownership:

Current Devices:
None
Side Devices:
Nexus 7 (grouper) (franco.Kernel + Rasbeanjelly)
Galaxy Rush (SPH-M830) (Stock)

Ex Devices:
Galaxy Tab 7.0 (SGH-T849)
Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 (GT-P3113)
Galaxy Prevail (SPH-M820) (KoumaKernel + CTMod)
Nexus 4 (LGE960/mako) (franco.Kernel + RasSaber)
Nexus 10 (GT-P8110/manta) (franco.Kernel + RasSaber
The Following User Says Thank You to espionage724 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

KidCarter93
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 6458
For those in the UK who want to know what prices they can get it for, check this thread out.

I've been approved by Snowflake. Jealous?
I'm subscribed to too many threads so I may not notice your reply. To make sure I do, quote my post or add "@KidCarter93" to your reply."
[ m7 | 4.19.401.8 | S-OFF ]
Forum Rules | XDA New User Guide | Getting Moderator Help

"There are 10 types of people in the world - those who understand hexadecimal and F the rest."
Follow me on Twitter - @XDAKidCarter93

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to KidCarter93 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
answers, halp me, help thread, help! my carrot cake won't rise., nexus 4, noob, questions, teh ph0n3 no turn on