Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,583 Members 38,267 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Help] Had to factory reset my N4, now my wifi won't turn on.

Tip us?

zachgousseau
Old
(Last edited by zachgousseau; 9th June 2014 at 04:39 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Help] Had to factory reset my N4, now my wifi won't turn on.

Due to complications involving the Rom Toolkit from the Playstore, I had to factory reset my rooted Nexus 4 (only had xposed installed, no other roms or kernels). After having gone through all of that drama I thought I finally solved my problems by factory reseting my phone, but, of course, there was yet another problem. When I got to the screen where it asked me to pick a wifi connection, it couldn't turn the wifi on. The text "turning wifi on" was stuck there. It was't frozen, it just wouldn't turn on. So I went through the other steps of preparing my newly reset phone and then once set up, I went to the settings to try the wifi again, but the same message was displayed. So, I factory reset my phone once again, but I had the same issue. Also, it factory reset to android version 4.2.2 instead of kitkat for some reason, I don't know if that's relevant.

If you need more information about how I got to this point, I posted this thread on Reddit: wwwreddit.com/r/nexus4/comments/27n0jg/rom_toolbox_put_my_n4_into_a_bootloop/ (add a dot after www, since I'm a new user, they won't let me post urls)

Any help is very much appreciated.

sebacolom
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Install the lastest factory image to your nexus 4, there are a lot of guides of how to do it.

Enviado desde mi Nexus 7 mediante Tapatalk