Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,643 Members 39,724 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Help. Unbootable N4

Tip us?

Threadz
Old
(Last edited by Threadz; 22nd January 2014 at 04:03 PM.) Reason: update
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Help. Unbootable N4

I accidently formatted my internal storage and system partision through TWRP recovery. Now im stuck with an unbootable Nexus 4 since there is no rom installed. How can i push a zip into my device? I can only access TWRP and Fastboot. and never really used ADB. I used a Toolkit to Root my phone (WugFresh's Toolkit) cant really use that since i cant boot my device to turn on USB Debugging. Any help?

Update: Searched several hours on xda, i cant manage to set up adb. Redownloaded Android SDK. Installed/updated adb (v). Tried multiple drivers (from official google usb drivers to univeral usb driver from Koush). Every time i open cmd and type "adb device" and long list of adb commands and other stuff appear. every time i type adb and any word infront of it, that happens. adb doesnt want to run or something. This is getting fustrating. and when i run adb.exe (from toolkit folder) it closes really quickly. only odd thing i see is under device manager my Nexus 4 is being displayed as Google Galaxy Nexus ADB Interface???

silv3rfox
Old
Thanks Meter 33
What operating system you're using?
A THANKS is always welcomed

Ex-Devices:
Sony Ericsson Xperia X1 - Went dead after I drowned in a river (True story)
iPhone 3G - Swapped for an XPERIA X10
Sony Ericsson XPERIA X10 - Gifted to my gf
HTC Sensation - Sold
Samsung i9100 GSII - Bricked, repaired then sold
HTC One X - Sold
Sony XPERIA Z - Sold

audit13
Old
Thanks Meter 349
Look here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2010312

ttheodorou
Old
Thanks Meter 21
only this drivers worked for me
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1992345

DrFredPhD
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threadz View Post
I accidently formatted my internal storage and system partision through TWRP recovery. Now im stuck with an unbootable Nexus 4 since there is no rom installed. How can i push a zip into my device? I can only access TWRP and Fastboot. and never really used ADB. I used a Toolkit to Root my phone (WugFresh's Toolkit) cant really use that since i cant boot my device to turn on USB Debugging. Any help?

Update: Searched several hours on xda, i cant manage to set up adb. Redownloaded Android SDK. Installed/updated adb (v). Tried multiple drivers (from official google usb drivers to univeral usb driver from Koush). Every time i open cmd and type "adb device" and long list of adb commands and other stuff appear. every time i type adb and any word infront of it, that happens. adb doesnt want to run or something. This is getting fustrating. and when i run adb.exe (from toolkit folder) it closes really quickly. only odd thing i see is under device manager my Nexus 4 is being displayed as Google Galaxy Nexus ADB Interface???
Hi the command is 'adb devices' if it's showing you the commands adb is set up correct. You don't actually need adb for this though, get your phone in fastboot mode and type 'fastboot devices' with your phone connected. If it outputs anything you're ready to flash a factory rom and fix your phone.