Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,823 Members 50,973 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Help! Wifi slow with APPs only!

Tip us?

louballs
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Help! Wifi slow with APPs only!

So as of the past few days my apps BARELY move when im on wifi. Facebook, gmail, all ridiculously slow. I did a speedtest and im getting good down and up speeds, 30 down, 5 up. My wife's android (different model) has no issues when on wifi so i cant blame the router. If i use the browser on the phone i have no issues at all, it is strictly with apps. I have no idea what could be causing this. I tried searching and couldn't find a solution any where. Any help would be appreciated. I am currently on version 4.4.2.

Things i have tried: disabling wifi optimization, changing location settings, turning off the radio to just use wifi.

Just strange this happens out of the blue.

Thanks!

Lou

ph37rd
Old
Thanks Meter 219
Think back, what have you installed recently? What has been updated through the Play Store or other such service? Go through each entry in settings and verify you haven't inadvertently checked or unchecked something. Turn off all syncing and disable any auto photo, system back up etc uploading. Check in about phone and see if you're up to date on system software. If you are you're probably not getting an OTA.

If nothing else, you can always back up data and such off phone and do a factory reset.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
Three out of four voices in my head want to sleep. The other wants to know if penguins have knees.

louballs
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
So here is an interesting development. I was away this weekend and was able to jump on another WiFi network connection...problem went away! Came home, still very slow! Why would it be just my phone and not my wife's? Double checked all of my phone setting and they are fine. I have a Comcast all in one modem/router so I'm not sure how to access it. I'm going to call them to find out. When I do get in there what should I check for??