FORUMS

Droid Turbo Lollipop OTA, 2015 Moto G Leaked – XDA TV

Android Lollipop for the Droid Turbo has been released. That and much more … more

EVLeaks Shows Off Possible BlackBerry Android Phone

It wasn’t too long ago that we received reports of BlackBerry planning to use … more

Mysterious GG1 Google Device Stops by FCC. Glass v2?

As the year progresses, we draw further away from Google’s annual I/O … more

Material and Material Dark Hit Samsung’s Theme Store

The latest version of Touchwiz, launched alongside the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge, … more

[Q] CM11 and the disappearing dialer

95 posts
Thanks Meter: 22

By paxton, Member on 5th March 2014, 06:39 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hope someone can shed some insight into this issue.
So I've been running the KitKat dialer with CM11 for some time now. Something in yesterdays nightly borked my setup giving rapidfire dialer FCs, tried going back to the previous nightly and the FC's remained. Not sure I've done a full wipe since I bought the N4 and installed CM, so figured this is a sign. Wiped, factory reset in CWM and reinstalled the latest nightly... and there's no dialer installed. TelephonyProvider.apk is in /system/app and TeleService.apk is in /system/priv-app/ as you would expect, but not dialer.apk.

So I moved dialer.apk to /system/priv-app/ and set permissions to rw-r-r and all is well, except when I update via MC updater or CWM, dialer.apk is missing again. Is this normal behavior for system apps? What would the KitKat dialer have done to make the CM updater ignore the install of that particular apk? Any advice as to how to make it stick?

17th March 2014, 08:24 PM |#2  
Flag Mt Pleasant, District of Columbia
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I didn't go through all that, but I did find it strange when I went to call someone and couldn't find the dialer. however if I click a phone number in email or on a website, the dialer pops up???
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cm11, cyanogenmod, dialer, dialer apk, nexus 4
Previous Thread Next Thread