[Q] How to access to a damaged device

Search This thread

neohunter111

Aug 8, 2011
A month ago my devices got violently hitten agains the floor by my ex-wife :cowboy:

I have REALLY REALLY important information there, so i wanted to acess data or turn it on using an external screen.

After that i remember the screen was turned of but when i unlock the device it makes a sound, and i felt the vibrations of the unlock pattern, so i Thought screen was broken but devices was working fine.

I bought a nexus 4 hdmi cable yesterday, and plug in to the tv, first i test with my nexus 5 and it works fine.

I plug the nexus 4 (which should be without battery because was unplugged for a month) and the led start to blink red. As when is charging with low battery. After a couple of minutes it stop blinking and I tried to turn it on pressing the power button while connected to the TV. Nothing happend,

I left it charge a little bit more, after a couple hours I tried again, nothing happen. Device is like dead.

I pluged in to my computer. nothing happend, try with fastbook devices and adb list, nothing appear.

I really need to access my devices I dont care if is using a TV.

What ideas you can provide to me? is a good idae to disable the device and completely unplug the screen? is there any way to access data without turning on the device? any other option?

My device was rooted. Screen doesnt shows anything.

Last edited:

captaindyson

May 24, 2012
If it as been smashed around then it could be that the device is well and truly dead, in which case there is little hope, but what I would say is that you could have the better issue that some people get if the phone is discharged too far.

This is a work around for it, but it is rather intrusive, but so some searching for nexus 4 red light battery issues and you may find some easier solutions.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2250454

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk