Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,151 Members 36,884 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How to add custom buttons on Navigation bar?

Tip us?

noobdroid_90
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 37
Default [Q] How to add custom buttons on Navigation bar?

I used to be able to get many more button options for the nav bar on JellyBean ROMs but I seem to be able to add only the menu or search button to the nav bar on KitKat ROMs. Is there any way to add other buttons or would I have to edit the SystemUI.apk manually?

I'm currently running crDroid simple.
If there are any KitKat ROMs which support adding custom buttons, such as the power button, or apps, I would appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction.

mrhiab
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by noobdroid_90 View Post
I used to be able to get many more button options for the nav bar on JellyBean ROMs but I seem to be able to add only the menu or search button to the nav bar on KitKat ROMs. Is there any way to add other buttons or would I have to edit the SystemUI.apk manually?

If there are any KitKat ROMs which support adding custom buttons, such as the power button, or apps, I would appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction.
Purity
CarbonKat
SlimKat
Vanir

Just to name a few.
A little thanks goes along ways
The Following User Says Thank You to mrhiab For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jrosetto
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by noobdroid_90 View Post

You could install xPosed frameworks and use Gravitybox to accomplish what you are looking for.[COLOR="Silver"]
The Following User Says Thank You to jrosetto For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sinndissension
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Pacrom has a lot of those options. Its fairly new for 4.4 so it may or may not be stable for you, but ive tried it, and it works for me.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app
Tags
nav bar, power button