Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] How to add custom buttons on Navigation bar?

OP noobdroid_90

10th March 2014, 01:07 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 37

186 posts
I used to be able to get many more button options for the nav bar on JellyBean ROMs but I seem to be able to add only the menu or search button to the nav bar on KitKat ROMs. Is there any way to add other buttons or would I have to edit the SystemUI.apk manually?

I'm currently running crDroid simple.
If there are any KitKat ROMs which support adding custom buttons, such as the power button, or apps, I would appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction.
10th March 2014, 03:06 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 32

138 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by noobdroid_90

I used to be able to get many more button options for the nav bar on JellyBean ROMs but I seem to be able to add only the menu or search button to the nav bar on KitKat ROMs. Is there any way to add other buttons or would I have to edit the SystemUI.apk manually?

If there are any KitKat ROMs which support adding custom buttons, such as the power button, or apps, I would appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction.

Purity
CarbonKat
SlimKat
Vanir

Just to name a few.
The Following User Says Thank You to mrhiab For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th March 2014, 03:59 PM   |  #3  
Flag Clearwater
Thanks Meter: 35

223 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by noobdroid_90

You could install xPosed frameworks and use Gravitybox to accomplish what you are looking for.[COLOR="Silver"]
The Following User Says Thank You to jrosetto For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th March 2014, 12:35 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 3

172 posts
More
Pacrom has a lot of those options. Its fairly new for 4.4 so it may or may not be stable for you, but ive tried it, and it works for me.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
nav bar, power button
Previous Thread Next Thread