Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
View Poll Results: Did it worked for you?
Yes, using TOR. 18 15.65%
Yes, using UnoTelly 9 7.83%
Yes, using other (proxy, vpn, etc) 49 42.61%
No, this not worked for me. 39 33.91%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

How to buy Nexus 4 (or whatever) from Google Play Store *Outside* US

OP cpaixao

8th November 2012, 05:13 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 458

3,020 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaixao

Well, unless I had missed it, can't remember had read on whatever Google statement or rule that they'll only accept US credit cards. If they did so, pls mentioning that line for us will be very helpful!

Yeah, but doesn't this line means that at the minimum the country listed as shipping to has to be the same issuing country of the CC used?

Quote:

Also, at this time, the country of your credit card must match the the country to which you're shipping.

Your example only gives a US shipping address, which doesn't match CC used. How to work around that with the steps you've listed so far?
8th November 2012, 06:17 PM   |  #12  
OP Senior Member
Flag Sete Lagoas
Thanks Meter: 112

506 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenkiller

Yeah, but doesn't this line means that at the minimum the country listed as shipping to has to be the same issuing country of the CC used?

Your example only gives a US shipping address, which doesn't match CC used. How to work around that with the steps you've listed so far?

This never hampered me from purchasing music and movies on US Play Store, why should this block for now, said that is the same statement which rules both Music and Devices store?

However, you may be right, and on that case, we'll have another strategy hiring some service to buy it for you, as shipto, myusa, sq-liquidations (the best one for me), and you'll have to add about 10% more to final price.
10th November 2012, 04:44 PM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
This thread confuses me. I'm not in the US. I'm in Canada. I can buy apps from the play store just fine with my CDN CC. The Nexus 4 is listed in Canadian prices for me when I look it up on the Play Store ($359 CDN for 16GB). Are you saying that despite all that, I still won't be able to buy the Nexus 4?
10th November 2012, 06:51 PM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 5

118 posts
Donate to Me
More
I have set up TOR and was able to get to the nexus page. However when i tried to do a checkout at the cart, the page just loads forever
Any idea what went wrong?
Last edited by Leion; 11th November 2012 at 04:44 AM.
10th November 2012, 08:54 PM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 1

24 posts
Hi,
I am from Czech Republic and my friend is going to travel to USA after a few days. Is there any way, he can buy me NEXUS 4 even he doesn't have US credit card and his card isn't registrated to US address?

thanks
11th November 2012, 03:54 PM   |  #16  
OP Senior Member
Flag Sete Lagoas

506 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCoolLS

This thread confuses me. I'm not in the US. I'm in Canada. I can buy apps from the play store just fine with my CDN CC. The Nexus 4 is listed in Canadian prices for me when I look it up on the Play Store ($359 CDN for 16GB). Are you saying that despite all that, I still won't be able to buy the Nexus 4?

There is Google Store for Devices in Canada, so you will have no problems with purchasing Nexus 4.
The Following User Says Thank You to cpaixao For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th November 2012, 03:55 PM   |  #17  
OP Senior Member
Flag Sete Lagoas

506 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akopop

Hi,
I am from Czech Republic and my friend is going to travel to USA after a few days. Is there any way, he can buy me NEXUS 4 even he doesn't have US credit card and his card isn't registrated to US address?

thanks

I think it will only be sold online, even if you'll be at US.
11th November 2012, 03:56 PM   |  #18  
OP Senior Member
Flag Sete Lagoas

506 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leion

I have set up TOR and was able to get to the nexus page. However when i tried to do a checkout at the cart, the page just loads forever
Any idea what went wrong?

Check your fingerprints.
11th November 2012, 06:10 PM   |  #19  
Thanks Meter: 1

20 posts
cpaixao,

I can't figure out if your method works for devices or multimedia only? Can someone confirm?

I live in Croatia and have friend visiting Atlanta in early December. I'm trying to figure out if it is possible to make order from Croatia and have it shipped to his hotel address in Atlanta. Credit card is also issued in Croatia.
12th November 2012, 10:26 AM   |  #20  
OP Senior Member
Flag Sete Lagoas

506 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by meljuga

cpaixao,

I can't figure out if your method works for devices or multimedia only? Can someone confirm?

I live in Croatia and have friend visiting Atlanta in early December. I'm trying to figure out if it is possible to make order from Croatia and have it shipped to his hotel address in Atlanta. Credit card is also issued in Croatia.

I dont want to be rude, but, read the title of the thread again...

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread