5,595,196 Members 44,955 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Did it worked for you?
Yes, using TOR. 18 15.65%
Yes, using UnoTelly 9 7.83%
Yes, using other (proxy, vpn, etc) 49 42.61%
No, this not worked for me. 39 33.91%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

How to buy Nexus 4 (or whatever) from Google Play Store *Outside* US

Tip us?

meljuga
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaixao View Post
This never hampered me from purchasing music and movies on US Play Store, why should this block for now, said that is the same statement which rules both Music and Devices store?

However, you may be right, and on that case, we'll have another strategy hiring some service to buy it for you, as shipto, myusa, sq-liquidations (the best one for me), and you'll have to add about 10% more to final price.
You are not being rude, obviously I'm referring to this post which concerns me if Google checks credit card address when buying devices from play store.

cpaixao
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 109

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by meljuga View Post
You are not being rude, obviously I'm referring to this post which concerns me if Google checks credit card address when buying devices from play store.
NP. So, some people reportedly said they could buy devices from Play Store using this idea successfully, other else people has reported the oppose.

That mean this method may work or not. We still cannot diagnostic whatever criteria Google is using for validating further than all those we listed on this thread.

Despite I have not done it yet, the statements are the same, and it works for music and for video that only should accept purchases when it matches with the region of the CC statement.

So, I fully believe it will works for those who succeed purchasing music/videos. And if it doesnt, I'll still able to ask some service to buy it for me, as I said on the post you had quoted.
If you want to upgrade your life's quality, upgrade your toughts's quality first.

Help me to help you: click the "Thanks" button once!

Give me my phone performance experience and take your benchmark placebos!

nexus 4

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nexus S I9020T SOLD OUT
HTC Magic 32B Vodafone SOLD OUT

Powered by Yoshi
Yoshi Pilots / Yoshi Team

ygvuhb
Old
Thanks Meter 36
any US online store sell it at US349

i hope can find one and transfer to my country though forwarder

josuetenista
Old
Thanks Meter 68

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by meljuga View Post
Just tried buying a nexus 7 just to see if it works with my non us credit card and it worked for me. After my credit card was charged I cancelled the order. I guess we won't have any problems buying the nexus 4

Enviado desde mi iPad con Tapatalk HD
Droids History

Nexus One > Samsung Captivate > Motorola Atrix 4G > HTC Inspire > Samsung Galaxy S2 > HTC One X International > Samsung Galaxy S3 > Nexus 4 (Actual)

Tablet
Viewsonic Gtablet > Motorola Xoom Wifi > Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 > Kindle Fire > Asus Transformer Prime 32GB > Galaxy Tab 2 7" > Nexus 7 32GB 3G (Actual) > ]Asus Transformer Infinity > Kindle Fire HD (Actual) > Nexus 10 32GB (Actual)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to josuetenista For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ygvuhb
Old
(Last edited by ygvuhb; 12th November 2012 at 04:21 PM.)
Thanks Meter 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by josuetenista View Post
Just tried buying a nexus 7 just to see if it works with my non us credit card and it worked for me. After my credit card was charged I cancelled the order. I guess we won't have any problems buying the nexus 4

Enviado desde mi iPad con Tapatalk HD
sometimes work sometimes is not work

when you place a order, google need two days process it, then they will ship after two days
that's why google play said the order need 3 to 5 day for delivery, two days process, two days is "Air 2 day shipping"

when you place a order, it just hold the limt under your credit card, not actually charge it

it charge it when device shipped, you will get a tracking no

during these two processing days, google check you credit card is US address or not , but i think google are randomly check the order

so someone success , someone is not

in the worst case google will block you google wallet and you have to send information to google verified your credit card and then reopen google wallet

frankhart
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaixao View Post
Check your fingerprints.
I have the same problem. Using the tor browser and tried a bunch of different exit nodes, all with the same result: a spinner that keeps on spinning after you click on purchase.

cpaixao
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 109

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankhart View Post
I have the same problem. Using the tor browser and tried a bunch of different exit nodes, all with the same result: a spinner that keeps on spinning after you click on purchase.
Sorry guys. I do not intent to support TOR issues here - you need to search how TOR works and common TOR troubleshooting.

I just show you the way, the walking is yours.
If you want to upgrade your life's quality, upgrade your toughts's quality first.

Help me to help you: click the "Thanks" button once!

Give me my phone performance experience and take your benchmark placebos!

nexus 4

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nexus S I9020T SOLD OUT
HTC Magic 32B Vodafone SOLD OUT