5,599,677 Members 45,260 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to hover over video for preview?

Tip us?

cheater1
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default How to hover over video for preview?

On the desktop some video websites let you hover the mouse over the video to preview it. How do I do this on Nexus 4?

Ngo93
Old
Thanks Meter 949
What I do is place my finger on the video and then move my finger around over the video for a second just so the browser doesn't think I'm long pressing.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ngo93 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cheater1
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ngo93 View Post
What I do is place my finger on the video and then move my finger around over the video for a second just so the browser doesn't think I'm long pressing.
Oh ok I'm going to try this. Thanks a lot.

cheater1
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
After trying this it does not work it just moves the pages aground.

frigidazzi
Old
Thanks Meter 74
Long press the video and when the pop up comes up just hit back or cancel. That's basically what the other poster said, but it can take some practice to get it to work right.

cheater1
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by frigidazzi View Post
Long press the video and when the pop up comes up just hit back or cancel. That's basically what the other poster said, but it can take some practice to get it to work right.
Turns out that having the right browser also makes a difference. If I use dolphin or chrome it will work I can preview the video but if I did it on firefox it wont let me =(

Thanks for the help.