Prepare Your Nokia X2 for Battle with Nokia X2 Tools

Unveiled in June this year, the Nokia X2 is the Finnish companys second crack at an … more

Increase the Speaker Volume of Your Samsung Gear 2 with Tool and Tutorial

I think its pretty safe to say that any sound coming out of a … more

Unlock Hidden Camera Settings on Your Moto G

At one point in time or another, weve all gotten very fiddly with the camera settings on our … more

XDA Partners with LG for Developer Challenge

Many Android enthusiasts know the name LG. LG is the maker of some Google Nexus devices and some … more

How to install android L on nexus 4?

3rd July 2014, 02:13 AM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 70

177 posts
More
Cool Hopeful for a Port
Quote:
Originally Posted by simms22

lol, almost everything! plus binaries..

There are binaries for Android 4.4.4, but I'm guessing they'll need to be changed for Android L.

Praying for @lichti1901 to be successful

@simms22 Could you help me with porting issues?
3rd July 2014, 04:15 AM   |  #12  
Recognized Contributor
BROOKLYN!
Thanks Meter: 21,585

25,963 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by knightowl439

There are binaries for Android 4.4.4, but I'm guessing they'll need to be changed for Android L.

Praying for @lichti1901 to be successful

@simms22 Could you help me with porting issues?

well, i havent heard of him being successful. im sure he tried. in about an hour or so itll be morning for him, ill ask.

what kind of porting issue? ive never ported, but still might be able to help
3rd July 2014, 09:44 AM   |  #13  

177 posts
More
Thumbs up On and Off Topic
Quote:

well, i havent heard of him being successful. im sure he tried. in about an hour or so itll be morning for him, ill ask.

what kind of porting issue? ive never ported, but still might be able to help

Right here

@flex360 and @lichti1901 , I'm rooting for you guys to succeed (pun intended)
Flex's attempt
Last edited by knightowl439; 3rd July 2014 at 09:46 AM. Reason: Fixed a wrong link
3rd July 2014, 05:45 PM   |  #14  
Recognized Contributor
BROOKLYN!

25,963 posts
Quote:

Right here

@flex360 and @lichti1901 , I'm rooting for you guys to succeed (pun intended)
Flex's attempt

merging L with 444 didn't succeed

BTW, what are you trying to flash? the only time I had a status 7, I went into the bootloader from recovery(twrp), then back into recovery from the bootloader, then flashed again and it worked.
4th July 2014, 01:43 AM   |  #15  

177 posts
More
Unhappy Sad Day
@simms22 I'm trying to learn how to port with my growing older by the minute Nexus 4 before I switch over to something new with the Nexus line in jeopardy. I attempted to port over the Nexus 5 4.4.4 version to the Nexus 4 so that I had Google Now with a swipe to the left. I never really used the "Ok Google" function

Part of a stepping stone to port over Android L Developer's Preview for the Nexus 5 found here

Nooooooooooooooooo! @lichti1901
4th July 2014, 02:56 AM   |  #16  
Recognized Contributor
BROOKLYN!

25,963 posts
Quote:

@simms22 I'm trying to learn how to port with my growing older by the minute Nexus 4 before I switch over to something new with the Nexus line in jeopardy. I attempted to port over the Nexus 5 4.4.4 version to the Nexus 4 so that I had Google Now with a swipe to the left. I never really used the "Ok Google" function

Part of a stepping stone to port over Android L Developer's Preview for the Nexus 5 found here

Nooooooooooooooooo! @lichti1901

I use the google launcher and have the swipe to the left feature on my nexus 4. no modding anything. by default. why are you missing it? did you enable it? long press home screen, settings, turn google now on. everything is identical on my nexus 4 and 5.
4th July 2014, 10:31 AM   |  #17  

177 posts
More
Plug Looking for my Google Launcher
Quote:

I use the google launcher and have the swipe to the left feature on my nexus 4. no modding anything. by default. why are you missing it? did you enable it? long press home screen, settings, turn google now on. everything is identical on my nexus 4 and 5.

Hubbadahubbada! What? I read elsewhere that someone has the "Ok Google" feature from the updated Google Search app. I haven't heard of swipe left. Going to do some testing, get back to you with more details @simms22

I guess, could you help me with porting Android L
4th July 2014, 04:46 PM   |  #18  
Recognized Contributor
BROOKLYN!

25,963 posts
Quote:

Hubbadahubbada! What? I read elsewhere that someone has the "Ok Google" feature from the updated Google Search app. I haven't heard of swipe left. Going to do some testing, get back to you with more details @simms22

I guess, could you help me with porting Android L

I'll be honest, I don't think L is ready to be ported. I ran it three times on my n5. it is nice, but its buggy as heck. and there is no real source for it(to use). what's published is very incomplete. it also has kernel changes and new binaries that aren't published. you can't build a nexus 5 ROM from it.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread