XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

how to root and still have stock recovery using adb

Tip us?

balus3u
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Default how to root and still have stock recovery using adb

for rooting i usually uses the wugfresh nexus toolkit and it will root the nexus by using a temporary twrp recovery but how do i do the same using adb?
im using linux now so thats why i used adb to flash 4.4 but i couldnt find a way to flash twrp temporarily(the recovery will only last for one time and returns to stock afterwards) . i could flash twrp and install superuser and then flash the stock recovery but im just trying to figure out how the toolkit does it by using two steps (flashing twrp temporarily and installing super su).

Federico_96
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by balus3u View Post
for rooting i usually uses the wugfresh nexus toolkit and it will root the nexus by using a temporary twrp recovery but how do i do the same using adb?
im using linux now so thats why i used adb to flash 4.4 but i couldnt find a way to flash twrp temporarily(the recovery will only last for one time and returns to stock afterwards) . i could flash twrp and install superuser and then flash the stock recovery but im just trying to figure out how the toolkit does it by using two steps (flashing twrp temporarily and installing super su).
The command should be fastboot -c "lge.kcal=0|0|0|x" boot nameofcustomrecovery.img , with this command you can boot in twrp temporarily
The Following User Says Thank You to Federico_96 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

korockinout13
Old
Thanks Meter 519

DONATE TO ME
Or simply flash the stock recovery when done.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Nexus 5 16GB on T-Mobile LTE: CM 11 + hells-core + TWRP || Nexus 7 2012 32GB: Stock 4.4 + Xposed + franco + TWRP
Nexus 4 (cracked )|AT&T Samsung Galaxy SII i777 (sold)|AT&T Samsung Galaxy S Captivate i897 (sold)

All in One Guide for Samsung i897 Captivate, i9000 Galaxy S
Get extra space on Copy or Dropbox with a new account!
The Following User Says Thank You to korockinout13 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MameTozhio
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1238
Try framaroot maybe? There are reports it works on KitKat..