OP anbushinobi

7th March 2014, 11:32 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Hadera
Thanks Meter: 4

23 posts
More
Hi,

I've got a Nexus 4 Device that has unknown IMEI and BaseBand, hence i can't connect to any mobile network.
the things i've tried to do:

1. Flash to factory image from google (tried several version 4.2/4.4) using ADB fastboot which ran succesful all the way, i just got stuck on the nexus logo when it tries to load ( and yes i tried to delete cache and wipe data before and afterwards, it doesn't work)
2. tried to install different types of radio images on the device regardless of Roms.
3. tried to install various custom roms.

Perhaps it's important to emphasis that, everytime after i tried to install an original google Rom (later than 4.2, my current) it just gets stuck on the nexus logo. BUT, awkwardly, when i install the 4.2 version it does manages to load it succesfully but then again, the IMEI is missing and so does the broadband.

I remember that, originally, this issue occured right after downloading and installing from Google Play store the Root explorer app, when I wasn't actually rooted. I'm not sure exactly how it damaged my deviced that badly, though i find it hard to believe it was the original reason. Rationally thinking, I simply shouldn't be able to access root files in the first place, not lose my IMEI.

*note - I've heard of a HW device called OctoplusBox, that can rewrite the IMEI, though im not sure if even that could help since the baseband is also lost, I may need an expert on this.

i'll do my best to fill in everything i've got right here:

Current version: 4.2.2
Model Number: Nexus 4
Kernel Version: 3.4.0-perf-g7ce11cd android -build@vpbs1.mtv.corp.google.com #1
Build number: JDQ39
*in the "Status", everything including IMEI/svIMEI/broadband is all unknown.

Thanks in advance,
Let me know if your in a need of any additional information regarding the device.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread