Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,398 Members 40,105 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

imei "unknown"

Tip us?

pulli23
Old
(Last edited by pulli23; 19th March 2014 at 01:23 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default imei "unknown"

Well when I look at the advanced radio settings I keep getting "imei: unknown" status at my nexus 4. Together with baseband unkown and all mobile connectivity seems wrong. I am currently running the stock run and not updated anything or done anything (heck I took great effort to "relock" it when I unlocked it to FIX this. (On top of this: loading takes ages, sometimes refusing to load till battery level drops below 10%).

I've tried flashing android 4.4 (but this creates the soft-brick looping while starting android).
I've tried factory reset,
I've tried hard reset
And I've tried the manual resets by flashing 4.2.2 back on.

In all combinations

What can be done, and how can I start using my mobile phone as a PHONE again? Anything but asking for a warranty (as I sadly void It when I had to downgrade from 4.3 to 4.2 to fix a bug introduced in 4.3 that prevented deep sleep)

audit13
Old
Thanks Meter 420
From what I have read, you cannot run any rom that is newer than 4.2.2 if your phone has imei problems. The only way to fix the imei issue is to send it to LG.

pulli23
Old
(Last edited by pulli23; 19th March 2014 at 01:04 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by audit13 View Post
From what I have read, you cannot run any rom that is newer than 4.2.2 if your phone has imei problems. The only way to fix the imei issue is to send it to LG.
So I'm stuck? As my warranty is "void" because I "rooted" the phone to get 4.2.2 back on?

Great having to throw away a phone less than 5 months old. Last time I bought a smartphone it seems; I can't live with those stupid warranty rules rooting & modifying oses runs through my veins. I specifically bought the nexus (and thus stock android) for that.

PS: why is there a "5 minute wait" on UPDATING posts here?

MtG92
Old
Thanks Meter 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by pulli23 View Post
So I'm stuck? As my warranty is "void" because I "rooted" the phone to get 4.2.2 back on?

Great having to throw away a phone less than 5 months old. Last time I bought a smartphone it seems; I can't live with those stupid warranty rules rooting & modifying oses runs through my veins. I specifically bought the nexus (and thus stock android) for that.

PS: why is there a "5 minute wait" on UPDATING posts here?
I don't know if that still affects your warranty, but you can unroot and re-lock the bootloader using the Nexus Rooting Toolkit or another method of your choosing...