Incorrect reading for battery after updated to 4.2.2

Search This thread

raye1010

Jun 24, 2010
Hi, today I went to office, I can see the battery reading is 84% after one hour of use in the transportation. When I plug the phone to the charger it shows 100% immediately (Charge so quickly isn't it ? :laugh:). It remains 100% even I reboot the phone. Did anyone meet this bug?

Q.Entity

Nov 17, 2010
Dallas
Sv: Incorrect reading for battery after updated to 4.2.2

Never seem it but try a factory reset. I always do one after a system update.

Skickat från min Nexus 4

ohyeahar

Dec 7, 2007
Hong Kong
jason-says.blogspot.com
It's likely nothing is wrong. After every ROM flash, the battery calibration always messes up a bit. Just use the phone normally and the calibration will fix itself after a couple charge cycles. If you want to fix it sooner, run the battery down and charge it again.

CMNein

Apr 23, 2012
Calgary
Hi, today I went to office, I can see the battery reading is 84% after one hour of use in the transportation. When I plug the phone to the charger it shows 100% immediately (Charge so quickly isn't it ? ). It remains 100% even I reboot the phone. Did anyone meet this bug?

That will happen with any/all N4's at some point. More commonly the battery will lie to you, forget to update battery level during deep sleep, etc... Your phone isn't "broken".

noodles2224

Jan 10, 2009
Mines just did that today.. Was at around 38, plugged it to the laptop to transfer stuff, took it off showed 100.. reboot fixed it but now I have to recalibrate

Sent from my Nexus 4

Mr_Comple

Oct 9, 2011
Aigio
i had the same problem with you guys..because of the TWRP... my phone charged 100%, rebooted in recovery and then i saw only 92%.. i change twrp with cmw,and everything is cool now...but i see my battery to do the following :82,80,73,74 etc...wihout heavy use.. is our battery a little wonky or i just my idea..?

you can calibrate your battery with the following app
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nema.batterycalibration&hl=el
not 100% sure if it really works,but you can have a try "gonna need to be rooted'

Last edited:

vickpick

May 2, 2011
i had the same problem with you guys..because of the TWRP... my phone charged 100%, rebooted in recovery and then i saw only 92%.. i change twrp with cmw,and everything is cool now...but i see my battery to do the following :82,80,73,74 etc...wihout heavy use.. is our battery a little wonky or i just my idea..?

not 100% sure if it really works,but you can have a try "gonna need to be rooted'

i tried it on my old phone and it worked. So far my N4 is still fairly calibrated.

CMNein

Apr 23, 2012
Calgary
batterystats.bin has absolutely nothing to do with the battery level your phone is showing you. Its a per charge battery history file, i.e. what you see if you go to Settings>Battery.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

xiFIL

Jul 11, 2012

As far as am aware it doesn't really work? So your saying changing recovery for you helped with your battery, coz like i take it off charge and its 100% then it jumps down to 97% after a few minutes and am not even doing anything.. and i just got this phone this week. Am tempted to send it back, i don't know what to do?

Sfkn2

Feb 10, 2009
Seattle, WA
As far as am aware it doesn't really work? So your saying changing recovery for you helped with your battery, coz like i take it off charge and its 100% then it jumps down to 97% after a few minutes and am not even doing anything.. and i just got this phone this week. Am tempted to send it back, i don't know what to do?

That is because you left the phone plugged in for so long that it hits 100%, then it starts discharging to prevent overcharge.. so it drops to 95%, then charges again. You took it off at 97% (yes, it might still have shown 100% for a little while so you don't go and plug it in again).

xiFIL

Jul 11, 2012
That is because you left the phone plugged in for so long that it hits 100%, then it starts discharging to prevent overcharge.. so it drops to 95%, then charges again. You took it off at 97% (yes, it might still have shown 100% for a little while so you don't go and plug it in again).
So how do i charge it so it doesn't drop, i am getting severe battery drain, i take it off at 100% after checking instagram, twitter and chrome for 10 mins its dropped to 70%.. matr1x kernel with CM10.1..? thanks!