[Solved] Internal Storage Empty

OP xcstacy

21st February 2015, 10:14 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 587

236 posts
Donate to Me
More
My phone was taking too long to boot up yesterday after installing latest franco kernel so I have decided to format and clean flash rastapop. After everything's up and running, I tried to access my internal storage via USB on Windows 8 but when I click into the drive it was completely empty. I checked the storage space on my phone to make sure that I didn't accidentally wiped the internal storage and it showed 5.1GB out of 12.92GB. I've also used ES File Explorer to see if I can access storage directly from the phone but it showed the same thing - completely empty. Wifi sharing didn't help either. One weird thing was that I could see the files when I booted into the recovery mode. I have tried almost everything including clean flashing the rom again. I really don't want to format my internal storage. Please help. Thanks!

Found the solution: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...14&postcount=7

Simply just type in these in adb:
adb shell
su
restorecon -FR /data/media/0
Last edited by xcstacy; 22nd February 2015 at 05:52 PM. Reason: Solved
Yesterday, 09:20 PM   |  #2  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 102

262 posts
More
For a permanent solution flash stock boot.img again. Otherwise you face the same problem when flashing any other custom kernel again.
Yesterday, 10:50 PM   |  #3  
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 4,274

12,119 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownmonkey300

For a permanent solution flash stock boot.img again. Otherwise you face the same problem when flashing any other custom kernel again.

What? Not true

Sent from my Nexus 9 using XDA Free mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread