Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,888 Members 53,037 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Internal Storage read problems

Tip us?

SpawNyK
Old
(Last edited by SpawNyK; 27th January 2014 at 03:29 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Question [Q] Internal Storage read problems

Hi guys, i need your help with something.

So, im using Nexus 5 Experience CM11 based 3.1 with hellscore kernel and since yesterday have this huge issue:

It seems that the rom doesn't recognize the internal storage very well, i mean i can see the storage in root explorer, and i can acces it like viewing pictures and stuff ... but in the gallery no picture or video shows up, neither in mxplayer ... and when it rings it has the default ringtone ... i cant set one from my internal storage.

If i take a picture with the camera it shows up in the gallery ... but just that picture, when i use root explorer i can see all my pics and the new one,

Any idea how to fix my problem ? I tried re-flashing rom, clrearing cache, tried stock kernel and other kernels and it didn't help

Huge thanks in advance !

EDIT:
I just restored a backup from 2 weeks ago and i have the same problem ... wtf HELP

arffrhn
Old
Thanks Meter 721
How about flashing back factory images? Maybe your internal partition got corrupted. Or just flash back stock recovery and do factory reset. It will format your internal as well. So you might wanna make a backup on your computer before doing that.
Samsung Galaxy S Advance i9070 || ROM: HarshJelly || Kernel: Cocore

Google Nexus 4 || ROM: Mahdi-Rom || Kernel: hells-Core // AK POSEIDON series || Recovery: TWRP 2.7.0.0