Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,775 Members 40,756 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Issue w/ dirty flashing N5X ROM R7.0

Tip us?

Mike_1996
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default [Q] Issue w/ dirty flashing N5X ROM R7.0

Still posting in this section (no permission yet)...
Little issue with SystemUI randomly FCing, around 10-15 times since shipping, and more lagging.
N4 bought in Germany w/o manually upgrading radio, kernel using N5X AOSP 7.0 (no S2W ver.), dirty flashed R2.3>>R6.1>>R7.0 (Dalvik throughout, no modding, no OC, no Titanium Backup, wiped Cache & Dalvik Cache each time). 6.1 was generally smooth and reliable.
Assumed to be a problem from the upstream CM nightly repo, probably involving the new theming engine.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

DrFredPhD
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Well that's a potential outcome of dirty flash. Do factory reset. First use 'adb backup -nosystem -apk' and 'adb pull /sdcard/' to get a backup of all apps and data and all files from internal storage.

Mike_1996
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
One more thing for @andersonaragao . What happened at last with DocumentsUI.apk? The icon never occurred to me as you posted earlier (when you were trying to implement it). Is it possible to push the Documents UI.apk (as well as the related DownloadProviderUi.apk) from OmniROM nightly or there are actually other prerequisites? Moreover, with the current version the MediaProvider FCs upon opening files w/o available application (such as docx).

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app