Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,798 Members 49,041 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Is there really no fix for this N4 Bootloop????

Tip us?

YFBanana
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Is there really no fix for this N4 Bootloop????

So two days ago my Nexus 4 died, and i charged it back up. When I tried to turn it on, it would go to my boot screen, but it would bootloop for 5 minutes, and then restart. This never happened before even the other two times my phone died. I have tried doing a lot of things including switching PA for CM11, and getting stock everything from google. Everything goes succesfully, but again, for every different boot logo, it does the same thing. It really pisses me off beacuse i cant find anyone else with a similar problem, so i dont know what to do.. Also, since the thing cant boot, i cant even turn it back in to tmobile, because it is unlocked and they don't help with anything unlocked... any help would be appreciated Also, if i need to proivide more info on the software i can

Planters76
Old
Thanks Meter 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by YFBanana View Post
So two days ago my Nexus 4 died, and i charged it back up. When I tried to turn it on, it would go to my boot screen, but it would bootloop for 5 minutes, and then restart. This never happened before even the other two times my phone died. I have tried doing a lot of things including switching PA for CM11, and getting stock everything from google. Everything goes succesfully, but again, for every different boot logo, it does the same thing. It really pisses me off beacuse i cant find anyone else with a similar problem, so i dont know what to do.. Also, since the thing cant boot, i cant even turn it back in to tmobile, because it is unlocked and they don't help with anything unlocked... any help would be appreciated Also, if i need to proivide more info on the software i can
Did you try to wipe Dalvik Cache & Cache in recovery after flashing back to stock?

Konstantinos
Old
Thanks Meter 337
If the above doesn't work then do this:

Boot into recovery(go to bootloader(vol. down+power) and select recovery). Use "adb pull /sdcard/the_folder_goes_here/and_so_on.jpg" to pull whatever you want to backup(pics, music etc) and flash stock ROM from Google https://developers.google.com/androi...s/images#occam

It's the best way.

ROM - ParanoidAndroid 4.4 RC 1 F2FS
Kernel - ak xGenesis 303
Recovery - TWRP 2.7.1.0 F2FS
Recovery Theme - Google Play Edition

I am the God in your phone. The XDA-DEV is my brain and the adb shell is my sword. I have flashed over a thousand ROMs. Unknown to errors, nor known to stock, have withstood comments from pretentious dudes from XDA, and sadly, those dudes will never learn anything. So as I pray, UNLIMITED ANDROID WORKS.

Want to make any ROM F2FS compatible? Here's my post.

jd1639
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3069
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konstantinos View Post

Boot into recovery(go to bootloader(vol. down+power) and select recovery). Use "adb pull /sdcard/the_folder_goes_here/and_so_on.jpg" to pull whatever you want to backup(pics, music etc) and flash stock ROM from Google https://developers.google.com/androi...s/images#occam

It's the best way.
+1. And if that doesn't work and you have a hardware issue, boot into fastboot and use
fastboot oem lock
That'll lock the bootloader

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

YFBanana
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konstantinos View Post

Boot into recovery(go to bootloader(vol. down+power) and select recovery). Use "adb pull /sdcard/the_folder_goes_here/and_so_on.jpg" to pull whatever you want to backup(pics, music etc) and flash stock ROM from Google

It's the best way.
Well yeah, but flashing the stock rom just left me with a bootloop, just with those 4 rings..

oland681
Old
Thanks Meter 1
boot into recovery, see if your computer detect your phone as android device, try use minimal adb and fastboot, it happen to me once, and success to fix it. if it cant fix it, try use nexus root toolkit, the tools here on xda nexus 4 forum. choose back to stock, and dont forget to choose current status as soft-bricked/bootloop. let me know how it goes.. we'll figure it out

Kdom81
Old
(Last edited by Kdom81; 23rd May 2014 at 08:46 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
HELP ME PLEASE.
I have the same issue where no matter which factory ROM i install using soft bricked option, or fastboot my Google Nexus 4 will not get past the black screen with the four circular colours which come together to form a white circle then repeat.

I know the proximity sensor is defective since it is broken and I am wondering if this could be the problem?

What else can I try?
Could a custom ROM be a solution?

Update. I somehow managed to get it up and running on factory version 4.3 but I flashed/ used an older radio.img "cwm-radio-mako-m9615a-cefwmazm-2.0.1700.48.img" got it from here
http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexus-4/general/ref-mako-modem-collection-t2087227
and by using this method "http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexus-4/general/how-to-how-to-flash-factory-image-t2010312
Many thanks to all the good ppl on here

YFBanana
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kdom81 View Post
HELP ME PLEASE.
I have the same issue where no matter which factory ROM i install using soft bricked option, or fastboot my Google Nexus 4 will not get past the black screen with the four circular colours which come together to form a white circle then repeat.

I know the proximity sensor is defective since it is broken and I am wondering if this could be the problem?

What else can I try?
Could a custom ROM be a solution?
Seems like nothing at all is working, this is really dumb, im gonna try to install 4.2.2 instead of 4.4, but i think it is a hardware problem and i have to buy a new phone....

Kdom81
Old
(Last edited by Kdom81; 3rd June 2014 at 02:24 AM.) Reason: forgot the useful link
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by YFBanana View Post
Seems like nothing at all is working, this is really dumb, im gonna try to install 4.2.2 instead of 4.4, but i think it is a hardware problem and i have to buy a new phone....
Gday again, just curious as to how you went with going back to android 4.2.2. Is your phone back in action? I was stoked when mine worked again, even though it took me 12 hrs to make it happen lol.

This might be helpful, was for me. http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexu...3-ota-t2595057