Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,517 Members 36,632 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] {ISSUE} Nexus 4 - Microphone does not work on normal mode, but works on speakers

Tip us?

deepudips
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] {ISSUE} Nexus 4 - Microphone does not work on normal mode, but works on speakers

Hi,

I've been using Nexus 4, and recently this issue started.

when I try to call, the other side can not hear my voice.
However, if I turn on the loudspeaker the mic works fine.

So, the probably the hardware is fine because the same mic works fine when used in loudspeaker mode.

I've not installed anything, not changed anything, its a brand new device.
I've tried starting in Safe mode, it doesn't help.

i was using the stock android from google all these days and issue started. I have now migrated to Cyanogenmod 11 and the issue still persits.

I have downloaded an app from play store called soundabout to try convince my phone that there was no headset plugged in. But of no use yet.

Any help on this please

deepudips
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Help please

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Free mobile app

deepudips
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Fellas, please please help

DrFredPhD
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Does your earpiece speaker work normally? If so I can only guess the nexus 4 uses top mic for loudspeaker calls. If your bottom mic has failed its easily fixed as it comes as part of the charging block.

It could just be something blocking the mic. Does your voice sound muffled or is it no audio at all?

deepudips
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFredPhD View Post
Does your earpiece speaker work normally? If so I can only guess the nexus 4 uses top mic for loudspeaker calls. If your bottom mic has failed its easily fixed as it comes as part of the charging block.

It could just be something blocking the mic. Does your voice sound muffled or is it no audio at all?
Yes the earpiece speaker works fine. the bottom mic if u hold it close to ur mouth and talk works just ok...as in the other person cant hear 100% but its like u r talking from a far off place.

Mashed_Potatoes
Old
Thanks Meter 89
Hardware problem, mic - flex cable???
Phone: [White] LG Nexus 4 16GB

DrFredPhD
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepudips View Post
Yes the earpiece speaker works fine. the bottom mic if u hold it close to ur mouth and talk works just ok...as in the other person cant hear 100% but its like u r talking from a far off place.
Probably is just dust or something then, get a dental pick or something and try and clear the mic hole from the outside. If it still doesn't work you might have to disassemble the phone and remove the blockage.

djniekkeau
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I had the same problem and I use the application soundabout to resolv it