No registration required

Suspend back off ake lock...cant find app causing it

OP nextelbuddy

24th June 2013, 04:56 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 91

539 posts
i'm chasing a battery drain issue.

i can leave my phone at idle even after a reboot and still even after hours of idle it never goes to deep sleep and shows 8 hours in the 384 mhz.

i have deleted apps, factory reset, flashed stock kernel, flashed factory image, NOT loaded the apps from google restore and still it comes up.

i have tried using better battery stats and all it shows is SUSPEND BACK OFF WIFI..

what gives? how do people use BBB when it is never specific with what is causing things, its so vague and generic.

my device SHOULD go into deep sleep if i reboot and leave it at idle right?
25th June 2013, 03:57 AM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member

539 posts
nothing?

I just want to know how so many people swear by BBB when all it ever does for me is show generic wake locks and not which specific apps are contributing to those wake locks.
25th June 2013, 01:43 PM   |  #3  
Flag Stockholm
Thanks Meter: 3

24 posts
More
Hi! I just wanted to tell you that this has been haunting me as well during the last 5 days.
Before, I had tremendously good deep sleep. But now I have the same problem. I have tried different kernels, reinstall CM. It must be app related.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium
25th June 2013, 08:43 PM   |  #4  
Flag Hyderabad
Thanks Meter: 366

1,025 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nextelbuddy

nothing?

I just want to know how so many people swear by BBB when all it ever does for me is show generic wake locks and not which specific apps are contributing to those wake locks.

There are 2 fields there. Kernel wakelocks and partial wakelocks.

Kernel ones are those that are held by the OS. Partial are the ones that are held by apps. You can find out which apps are consuming battery by looking into it.

wifi wakelock is held by the OS and not an app. So you'll see it mentioned under kernel wakelocks. Most likely your wifi router isn't allowing your phone to sleep. Try disabling wifi and see if you still get wakelocks.

Sent from my Nexus 4
25th June 2013, 09:23 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

539 posts
thanks guys

i tracked it down manually to the app called ULTIMATE ROTATION and ULTIMATE ROTATION LICENSE

as soon as i removed those apps no more wake locks and i can now deep sleep properly.

posted a message on the play store but no response yet
15th February 2014, 04:25 PM   |  #6  
Flag Cairo
Thanks Meter: 52

196 posts
More
i have the same problem after i reflashed my rom! i didnt have this issue b4! im using the exact same rom with the exact same apps, i just restored my backup... im not sure wat is causing the problem... i tried everything with no luck :S
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread