[Q] Where is the kernel files for CM11 stable?

Search This thread

MGREX

Dec 4, 2011
Long story short a custom kernel completely screwed up the graphics on my N4 CM11 so I'm trying to flash the original kernel from the ROM which is NOWHERE to be found in the cyanogen site.

Anyone got a link?

22sl22

May 21, 2012
London
Long story short a custom kernel completely screwed up the graphics on my N4 CM11 so I'm trying to flash the original kernel from the ROM which is NOWHERE to be found in the cyanogen site.

Anyone got a link?

Just reflash the rom.

If you don't want to, tell me what version of cm11 your'e running and i'll make a flashable kernel zip :good:

simms22

Recognized Contributor - R.I.P
Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
or pull the boot.img out of the rom zip and use the flashify app to flash it. the boot.img is the kernel. but honestly, it sounds like you have absolutely no idea what you are doing. if you have any questions, please ask, im willing to help. can you explain what happened?

MGREX

Dec 4, 2011
So after a reboot to enter recovery my N4 is stuck in the splash screen with the white google logo.

This is getting worse by the minute...

MGREX

Dec 4, 2011
just fastboot flash a recovery, this shouldnt an issue. did you flash a recovery before, or just boot one? it makes a difference if it sticks around or not.

I'm able to force-access recovery and CWM but that's it, once it boots it gets stuck on the splash screen, and thanks to the lack of a SD port I'm unable to easily load a kernel or ROM, and despite having the android SDK I'm unable to sideload the file through adb on Windows.

Any ideas? besides trying the adb through Linux (I'm doing that now)

Last edited:

22sl22

May 21, 2012
London
Here's the flashable kernel zip taken from Snapshot M7 build :good:

Attachments

• CM11.zip
    6.5 MB · Views: 4
Reactions: MGREX

MGREX

Dec 4, 2011
Okay now it gets stuck in the cyanogenmod boot animation:eek:

Any ideas? that don't involve wiping everything I mean

MGREX

Dec 4, 2011
Okay I'm not sure why or how, but this time it booted alright:laugh::highfive::good:

Thank you guys for the assistance, I'll do a full backup in case it decides to crash again so I can do a total wipe and flash a new ROM from scratch

22sl22

May 21, 2012
London
Okay I'm not sure why or how, but this time it booted alright:laugh::highfive::good:

Thank you guys for the assistance, I'll do a full backup in case it decides to crash again so I can do a total wipe and flash a new ROM from scratch
No problem :)

Do a titanium backup that backs up all your apps with data. Always have a backup so if things do go wrong you can just wipe and restore apps afterwards :good:

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So after a reboot to enter recovery my N4 is stuck in the splash screen with the white google logo.

This is getting worse by the minute...

just fastboot flash a recovery, this shouldnt an issue. did you flash a recovery before, or just boot one? it makes a difference if it sticks around or not.
    Here's the flashable kernel zip taken from Snapshot M7 build :good: